Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Does anybody know how can i fix this problem? i used WB mesh thiken component and i tried all the mesh edit component and unify normal as well... still cant match the uv mesh faces...   

Views: 1006

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Your mesh doesn't work because it is like a Moebius. So normals could not be unified. 

I looked at you file, I tried many strategies. I manage to make it work 

1. First I recalculate normals, I used Sandbox plugin for topology. So normal at a point is approximated by the normal of a plane passing through neighbour points
  2. Each face is then offseted in 2 directions with a unified direction for each point of the face
  3. faces are then merged in meshes. I can't have to meshes. 

It is not closed yet. I applied a strategy here that I can't reproduce. You will have to bake polylines and put the in 2 separates lists. Sorted on Z for example. The idea is to make a quad using 2 segments of polyline. 

http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/how-to-create-this-kind-o...

Attachments:

Update 

Totally thicken, but not possible to thicken too much. This will lead to self intersections (if not yet ?)

Your geometry allows to sort quite easily the curves in order to have a low level and an upper level curve. It could be possible to add a middle one a bit more wide ....

With the good file. 

And you need Sandbox and Weavebird (that I understood you have)

P.S : the address of your internet page is not the good.

Attachments:

((P.S : the address of your internet page is not the good.))

I didnt understand this, where do you mean? my website?

On your grasshopper there is an Internet address for your company. This address doesn't work.

wow! its great, I never thought about this solution, its really smart. tnx a lot for your time and effort... its really interesting... the primitive mesh still it's not unify and it will not be... but by connecting two offsets we can unify the hole mesh by inside and outside unifying... great

You could also use isosurface from millepede/monolith. You just need to supply a positive distance from your mesh. The only drawback is that it will be long to calculate for a good resolution.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service