Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi there,

my situation:

.I have n number of panels with different dimensions

.I would like to schedule all the panels according to the area (20 panels 2sqm, 30 panels 3 sqm,...

I sorted the area and I manually filtered with equality component the panels, but I would like to avoid to review manually each value, since changing the number of panels the value change.

thanks in advance!

Views: 2605

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

No code, no help.

files!

Attachments:

This almost worked, except for the bottom row of rectangles...

Attachments:

Here's something that appears to work using 'Member Index (MIndex)'.  Curves are internalized; 'Crvs A' just as you defined them and 'Crvs B' re-arranged arbitrarily (otherwise, it was too tempting to just use their Z positions to group them).  It does depend on the curves being rectangles... (two dimensions to compare).

Attachments:

interesting! it works, but there are some bugs due to the geometry:

1-when you have square (= same dimensions x and y) it returns 2 elements

2-if some rectangular shape is sharing same dimension the definition is computing the same shape twice (first with dimension x and then with dimension y).

probably the best way is to manually select the dimension I want to use as a filter.

I thought was the easiest part sorting all the shapes, is becoming an endless story!

btw thank you Joseph!

Attachments:

Handling the duplicate squares was easy (is my code so complex that you couldn't fix it?).

Not quite sure what you mean by #2?  Specific example please?

If you mean it's possible for curves to appear in more than one branch at the end, well...  so what?  There are three identical rectangles in branch '{0;1}' of the results that also appear in branch '{0;0}' - is that what you mean?  I don't see that as an error. since the common/filter length in '{0;0}' is 1020 while the common/filter length in '{0;1}' is 1087.

Attachments:

the problem is that if you have a rectangular shape 1020*340 and another 680*340 it happens that the first one is included both in the 1020 and 340 filter.

I'm working with a 340*340 grid and my filter are 680--1020--1360

I need to select only those 3 filters.

Attachments:

OK, whatever.  I've contributed my two cents, sorry it doesn't help.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service