Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi, David

I want to offer a few wishes.
1. State manager on remote Control panel(I think its good idea).
2. More tools for annotations (arrow, circle, ellipse, rectangle).
3. Change the position and the grouping of the sliders on the remote control panel.
4. Separate viewport(look at picture)
5. Cluster editor new wish

My version grasshopper 0.8.0004
Best Regards,Valentin
Kiev, Ukraine

Views: 1676

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi! My wish is to have a mapping options for delanuay - sphere, hiperboloic, etc. sphere especially!
hello,
one thing I didn't see was it using the gpu for computing !
Tan Tan Radius & Tan Tan Tan (arc and circle)
string search.. more string functions =)
cluster editor would be nice. i think if you can double click to edit it would open in a new modal window, make your edits, then close the window. also a "save Component" option in the RC menu of the component which lets you save it as a file

also:

- add a ascending/ descending toggle to list sort
- list domain ( return the highest and lowest number in a list of numbers)
- list domain ( return the highest and lowest number in a list of numbers)

Robert, check out Math>Domain>Bounds ...its been there since 0.6.x I think...
you know i never saw that! thanks
Hi Robert,

would it have to be a modal window for editing clusters? Why can't I recycle the main window and make it obvious that you're editing a nested cluster instead of a loose file?

Sort is already quite a complicated component. The Key/Value thing isn't entirely obvious to most people from the start and it also has a variable amount of value inputs. Why is adding a Reverse List component after the sort not a good enough option?

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
David,

the cluster edit could happen in the main window. perhaps in the same way you deal with the script editor window for the VB/C# component. i am not picky, and sure you will figure out something great as usual.

as for sort i thought it would be a simple addition. the key value thing seams straight forward to me. i can use a reverse component on the list just like i can put a flatten or graft, it is just nice not to have to.

Although this thread seems like it's totally dead, it's still the first result for "Grasshopper wishlist", so I thought I'd do some cowpath paving and reopen it.

My (little) wish is for a timeout on calculations. This could be user overridable, but by default it'd do something like:

if the user does something, they can be confident that in 5 minutes time control will be passed back to them with a message like "Dude! Your calculation is too hard - why don't you think about your problem a bit harder and try to be more efficient." or something like that.

I often do stupid things and then have to restart and pray for an autosave.

Hi Ben,

The escape key is supposed to abort a calculation, no matter when it is pressed. However it can only abort between individual component iterations, so if all the time is spend doing a single enormously complex solid boolean it won't work.

Wouldn't a better wish be to have a more responsive eascape abort?

Both would be ideal, but I agree that a more responsive escape would be a first step.

In days of yore I had a gc c# thingo that played a noise whenever a certain calc was finished. It might be nice to have something similar as recently I've been getting rather a lot of the Baroque trilogy finished whilst waiting for GG to return control, for the most part, probably long after it already had.

Maybe after any calc of over n seconds play a subtle 'ping' (maybe sampled directly from the hunt for red october?

How about I play the Falling Shepard's Tone continuously while solving?

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service