Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Grasshopper 0.6.0055 is available for download:

EXE Installer

ZIP Installer

This is BETA software. Use at your own risk!

This release fixes a number of reasonably serious bugs:
- VB and C# components would have problems loading referenced assemblies from unexpected folders. This is (at least somewhat) fixed.
- Enabling objects would fail to properly enable input parameters for components, this is fixed.
- Probably some other ones too, my bookkeeping skills leave something to be desired.

It also offers some new functionality:
- A new Group object has been added. Groups allow you to visually link several components. Group colour cannot yet be changed, but by double clicking the group, the outline mode can be toggled.

- A new Markov widget has been added. This widget uses Markov chains to 'guess' which component you want to use next based on your behaviour in the past. It takes a while for it to get accustomed to you as a special and unique and lovable individual, so don't expect miracles right away.

- A new Profiler widget has been added (off by default). The profiler lists worst-case runtimes for parameters and components, allowing you to track down bottlenecks in networks and to compare different components in terms of performance.

- All widgets now have proper tooltips.

- Mouse picking has been improved. Different actions are now handled better and especially making new wires should be somewhat easier.

- Toolbars now draw separators between different groups of objects. Separators can be disabled via the View menu.

- Fuzzy searching has been improved.

- Scribbles now allow font sizes up to 100pt.

- All Complex Number components have been moved into their own Tab.

- Tabs are now scrollable when the width of all tabs exceeds the width of the window.

And of course a couple of new components (to be honest, I have no idea which ones are new since the last release):

- Repeat Data
- Random Reduce
- Domain Inclusion
- String Concatenation
- Sinc (Sinus Cardinalis) trigonometry function
- Spherical Cloud
- Sort Points
- Vector Rotate and Vector Mass Addition (are these really new? ... I forgot)
- Curve Dash pattern
- Nurbs Curve Control Points
- Metaball with custom charge overrides
- Curve self-intersections

Enjoy, and have a happy 2010!

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 2839

Replies to This Discussion

First present of the year. THANKS David!!

happy 2010
thanks again david.
it's a lot of fun to play with the new toys.

i might have run into some bugs:
the first two appeared while i was trying to pick rhino geometry. it seems to be impossible to reference rhino geometry due to inevitable crashes, i this just me?
the last one happend while zooming the canvas, i think.

best frank
Attachments:
Hi Frank,

these definitely look like repeatable bugs, but I haven't seen this myself. What geometry are you picking? Is stuff preselected in Rhino? Which parameter are you using (Point, Curve, Geometry?)

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
hey david,
i have also been having quite some hassle (esp. with the early versions) when trying to pick multiple points inside rhino (using a point param). It just froze everything off and asked me if i wanna send an error report. First time there was no problem, but then if you didn't clear the data from the point param first i stood a chance of getting a crash. Lately i haven't encountered this often though.
i have been trying to select a single curve and the other time multiple points. it seemed to be reproduceable yesterday. strange thing is that everything works flawless now and the only thing i changed was installing the RDK (!?)

i will let you know if this happens again.

BTW: rhino4SR7, MBP running bootcamp, WinXP32pro, CoreDuo, ATI X1600
nice job, but I have some problems with my previous scripts, how can I downgrade from it? I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling previous version but it doesnt work.
Sometimes I've had issues uninstalling some 0.6.00XX versions. I usually just go in and delete the Grasshopper from the Rhino4 Plug-Ins folder and install the version I need.
I'm still having the same problem. Thank you anyway.
Thanks. This version is great!

I have noticed that this version draws Brep objects extremely slow when you do not turn on OpenGL option in rhino. It's solved if you turn on OpenGL.
Lovely stuff
BUG: CURVE > PRIMITIVE > LINE SDL

The expression for input D gets wiped after closing the definition.
Oops... fixed. All Vector parameter expressions are forgotten during file IO.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service