Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi All,

there was a serious bug in the Image Sampler object which has been fixed. 0.8.0006 is now available for download and I've removed the 0.8.0005 installer.

Note: the installer for 0.8.0006 has the same name as 0.8.0005, so be careful if you still have the old one.

For a complete list of what's new since 0.8.0004, have a look at the 0.8.0005 announcement page.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 1320

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with you Evan...this is weird workflow wise.

David,

Have you heard anything back from the guilio piacentino, uto, or daniel piker on whether this version(8.0006) is compatible with the their current versions? I may have missed a discussion about this, I have been traveling the past couple of days. I didn't save the 8.0004 build and I would like to update but don't want to lose current features.

Thanks,

Matt

I posted an early version on the Plugin forum and uto for certain works, kangaroo for certain doesn't. Daniel is aware of the problem and I think he'll have a working version of Kangaroo out in no time. 

If you have the installer for 0.8.0004 you can always easily revert though.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Yes, we've now got the problem fixed and Kangaroo running in the Grasshopper 0.8.0006

and hope to release this later today.

Hello,

Trying out the group components, I am getting an error with the Transform.Group.Group component when I try to set single or multiple geometries drawn in Rhino.  This error does not appear if I reference the geometry to its param and then channel it into a group.

Luis,

I cannot repeat this, can you give me a step-by-step? What sort of objects are you selecting?

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Points, Curves, and Meshes bring up this error when selecting multiple items for the group input.  Breps seem to work well.

Hi David,

There is a bug with the jagged & faster mesh settings in the 8.0006, it simply does not work at all and displays a lot of errors. The quality setting works fine.

Have a good day,

TS.

Fixed. I'll release 0.8.0007 today or tomorrow. Until then, all you can get is high quality meshes :)

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Is there a bug in the last ditch saver? It seems to be only putting up an incomplete the path with no filename associated with it.

Edit: on second thoughts I think it's either the fact that it doesn't like any spaces in the filepath or that its allowing it to wrap to the next line.

I:\J8656\Prestige VDR\VDR\converted\VDR_2007120802410753\visual\RangeAndBearing.ghx

^

Don't get me started on people using spaces in folder and file names, but unfortunately its now out there and you can't stuff it back in the bottle.

Thanks Danny, I'll see about fixing it. I'm not at all against spaces in filenames and folder, I prefer them to underscores.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Even though things like this happen as a result, its a bit like the "(" in the recent string bug. The computer program needs more help to overcome it. And then you have all the URL related issues of %20 etc.

But I suppose its been 10+ years that they've been around and we should just get on with it.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service