Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Minor updates and bug fixes to 0.8.0002 available for download.

● Added proper tooltip formatting for Expression Variants.
  ● Added more icon feedback to preview modes.
  ○ Fixed flat Box to Brep conversions.
  ○ Fixed Nurbs Curve to GH_Curve conversions.
  ○ Fixed a bug with lingering previews on disabled objects.
  ○ Fixed yet another bug with Curve offsetting.
  ○ Layers in the undo stack would still show up in the Bake Dialog. This is now fixed.
  ○ Fixed a bug in Sweep2.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Seattle, WA

Views: 2499

Replies to This Discussion

Great thanks - a couple fo questions then.
a) how do I access legacy c#? you mean just use an old version of GH I guess.
b) is the rhinocommon documented anywhere?
c) is the sdk.net for rhino going to be obsolete soon as well?
Hi Roly,

the legacy component are available from the same panel as the new Script component, but they are only available from the drop down. We'll keep the legacy components in there for as long as possible.

RhinoCommon documentation

The Rhino_DotNET sdk will not become obsolete, we'll keep on supporting it for as long as it makes sense. But the old SDK will never run on the Mac, whereas RhinoCommon is designed to work on all OSs that support native or Mono .NET frameworks.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Seattle, WA
Thanks very much, a very thorough and quick response. Roly
My question is about the installation of two different versions of Grasshoppers.

Can I install GH v.0.6 on Rhino 4.0 and GH v.0.8 on Rhino 5.0?

Regards.
Hello David,l

I'm just trying to work with the last version, but the file working with 08.0002 doesn't work with 0.08.0003.
It's diffucult to tell you more...

Thks:)
I have found a bug with Clusters. They mix data at output :S Months, days and year get mixed.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards.
Attachments:
oh boy... That's bad.
I'll get it fixed asap.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Seattle, WA
David

I think there's a bug. Check out the lists booleans. Same values used for comparison yielded different results.

Hi Tuan,

I think this is a rounding result. When you display a number in a Text Panel, it is rounded to 6 decimal places. I think that the last 7 is in fact something like 7.0000000000001. So when you run the comparison on the rounded value, you'll get a different result.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Seattle, WA

Hi David,

it feels funny responding to  a post back in 2010, but I had the same problem a few days ago, and coincidentally I just ran into this discussion and decided to respond. The attached file is a part of a larger script where I was filtering numbers < 950. The only number in the data set < 950 was 405.570893 and without  adding the rounding component before plugging in the data in the "smaller than component" the booleans yielded wrong results. It was quite annoying to understand why this "error" mas happening before I put the round component in. But it still dosent make any sense, 405.570893 will always be smaller than 950, or 950.0000000001. I eaven tried writing my own smaller than component in python and the output was the same. 

Is their a logical mathematic explanation for this? I did hear once that programing languages treat floats in different ways depending on the types of calculations they are used for, and thus can alter the results. But yet again... it still dosen`t make any sense to me.

Thank you

Nicholas

Attachments:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service