Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

The clipboard bug has been fixed. New installer can be downloaded here.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 2724

Replies to This Discussion

Except that I am missing tons of components, there's no "components" folder, can't seem to reinstall a .gha I made, and .gha is not immediately recognized as a file associated with grasshopper.

Oh boy, this install folder is very incomplete. This is what it's supposed to look like:

I don't know what\s wrong here yet, though clearly the installer barfed after encountering what it feels is a corrupt binary (see the log you posted earlier). It probably just skipped everything from that point onwards.

Can you mail me (zip or rar it first) the installer you downloaded? I'd like to perform a bit-check on it.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Hi David,

I'm a student in a school of Architecture, I'm struggling whether to convince my teachers to upgrade all GH in my school from 0.6.0059 to 0.7. There are much more functionality in 0.7 but is it stable enough for my school to do this?

Anyway, thanks for your great work.

Cheers
Victor
Hi Victor,

I don't know what "stable enough" means for you. I think you'll have to install it on a few machines and see if it meets your demands.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Hi David, I am not sure the “surface mormal evaluator” bug you mentioned here get rebirth or you just forgot to kill them, for I didnot give a test .The same things happen to Surface Box component also.
Hey David,
Getting this runtime error... Server Error in '/s3' Application....

http://download.rhino3d.com/s3/mcneel/grasshopper/1.0/wip/en/grassh...

when i try and download latest version with firefox or internet explorer

Anythoughts?

Thanks Matt
S3 is where we host our download files. I'll tell Seattle it's busted.

Thanks,
David

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Hi David, I think there is a bug with the OffsetCurve component .Corner Type param loss efficacy.
I cannot repeat that, can you post a curve that fails to have proper corners?

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Sorry, I think it's my mistake~~~
Hey, David, I found some problems with the VB.net scripting with the new Grasshopper 0.7.0057. For example, the definition of 3d point, which use to be on3dpoint, now becomes point3D. I wrote this simple scripts for instance:

Private Sub RunScript(ByVal x As Integer, ByVal y As Integer, ByRef A As Object)
'your code goes here…
Dim pl As New List(Of Point3d)
For i As Integer = 0 To x
For j As Integer =0 To y
For k As Integer =0 To 8
Dim po As New point3d(i, j, k)
pl.Add(po)
Next
Next

Next

A = pl

End Sub

It will get null if I edit it in GH 0.7.0057, I used one hour to find out the "point3d", why this needs to be changed? And the weird thing is if I edit the same script in GH 0.6.0059 (which is on my Rhino 5), and save it as ghx, and then open it with GH 0.7.0057(on my Rhino 5 sr 8.0), everything is fine.

So confusing.... is there a new SDK file with new grasshopper?

Thanks.
Hi Jinge,

The code looks correct, it should work. In fact it does, I just tested it.

The reason there is a new SDK in Grasshopper 0.7 is because we have a new SDK in Rhino. It's much better than the old one. It should be faster with simple data types (like Point3d, Vector3d, Plane etc.) and easier to understand.

Also, the new SDK (which is called RhinoCommon) will allow us to run Grasshopper on the Mac, including all the scripts people write. This cannot be done with the old SDK.

RhinoCommon is now in active development, so any new features we add to Rhino will probably require the new SDK.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service