Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi All,

this is a reasonably important update for those of you who have been using Grasshopper 0.7.X. It fixes many serious bugs, including a number of crash bugs.

However, if you're still using 0.6.X there is no immediate reason to update. The Grasshopper 0.7 series is still lacking a number of features that have been available previous and shouldn't be used for commercial/important work.

Incomplete list of fixes:
- Sweep1, Sweep2 and Pipe have been re-instated.
- A number of data conversion bugs have been fixed.
- A number of VB and C# Legacy script output data casts have been fixed
- Font mapping has been rewritten, this will hopefully make Grasshopper more robust in the case of missing standard fonts.
- A tolerance bug with BiArcs has been fixed (though the immediate fix will only be available if you run GH on Rhino4, if you're using Rhino5 you'll have to wait for the next V5 Beta before the fix will be available)
- Twisted Box picking has been fixed
- Solid Boolean operations have been sped up and made more robust.
- Catenary solver made more robust for very narrow catenaries.

Incomplete list of new features:
- A bunch of new Plane creation components (courtesy of Stephen Griffin)
- Offset Curve Loose
- Offset Surface Loose
- Nurbs Surface Control-point
- List Insert component
- Scriptable command version of -_Grasshopper
- Grasshopper can now be access from within RhinoScript using a PluginInterfaceObject. See the Grasshopper SDK Helpfile for details (Grasshopper.Plugin.GH_RhinoScriptInterface class)

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 1153

Replies to This Discussion

It's a bug. By the way the FontMapper allows you to override the substitution. If you delete the grasshopper_fontmap.xml file that inside the Grasshopper settings folder (File -> Open Settings), you'll be asked again and this time you can specify a mapping from "Times" to "Times New Roman".

Thanks for reporting, I'll look into it.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Ok, I fixed it. This should no longer happen in the next version.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Maybe I did not notice it in 0.7.0014, but the Draw Mesh Edges option is very nice.
Also the Expression Hint in the tooltip when you hover over the expressed input is very helpful!

One thing, I miss Pi! I understand we can type it into a panel, but I liked that the old Pi component had an input multiplier...seemed a bit more straightforward than multiplying pi from a panel...maybe I am overlooking something obvious...
Yeah I removed the numeric constants. I can put them back into the Math Util panel. Would that be sufficient?

Until then, just drag+drop this text into the Grasshopper canvas:

{0D2CCFB3-9D41-4759-9452-DA6A522C3EAA}

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
ha...nice. Well, I dunno, maybe its just me. If it is something that takes 2 seconds to re-implement, then fine.
not two seconds, it takes at least half a minute.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Nice, I miss pi too!
Wooo! Is there any other magic code to implement older components? :P
Could be great to have that list :)
from the looks of this all we need to do is drag and drop the GUID of a function and it activate it! thats great
But, How to find that GUID? ¬¬
use a reflector on the GHA's
Hi David
Thank you for this update. The pipe and sweep commands are the ones that I use a lot.

Will it be possible to re-instate the free-hand drawing sometime. It is very handy for teaching
purposes and also for transferring 2d drawings from Rhino to Grasshopper

Regards
William

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service