Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Grasshopper 0.7.0001 (or rather, Grasshopper 1.0 WIP April-30 2010 as I've been instructed to call it) is now available for download from this location:

This version is a major change from 0.6.X and it is very likely that there will be numerous serious problems with 0.7 for at least a few weeks to come. I'm maintaining the 0.6.00059 download in case anyone needs to fall back onto a working version in a hurry.

Do not use this version on important work and do not overwrite files made with previous versions.

This new version is based on the RhinoCommon SDK which is still in its infancy and not anywhere near as tested and proven as the 'old' DotNET SDK. There's not that much new stuff in this release, it mainly represents a platform switch.

Here's a list of things that definitely won't work in 0.7:
  • It won't work in Rhino5
  • Sweep1
  • Sweep2
  • Pipe
  • Any custom components developed for 0.6.X
Here's a list of things that probably won't work:
  • Slider Animations
  • VB and C# scripts written in 0.6.X (I've tried to maintain legacy support, but I probably missed a few cases)
Here's a list of stuff we don't know won't work:
  • Yeah... wouldn't that be nice... I suppose this is where you come in.

Note that a lot of components have been shuffled in a desperate attempt to bring some order and simplicity to the over-crowded toolbars. Many of them are now only available via the drop-down panels. Others have been merged into new master components (Addition for example now works on Colours, Numbers, Integers, Vector, Points and Complex Numbers).

Have fun testing and don't claim I didn't warn you,
David

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 3540

Replies to This Discussion

can a font chooser be added to the scribble component? Comic Sans just renders this thing useless...apologies for the harsh bias against comic sans.
You just have no sense of humour (that joke is only funny if you speak French).

I'll add an option so you can choose between Comic and Wingdings.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
London, UK

ps. "sense de comique"
also can the scribble component be added to the user initiate thingy ie scribble=This Label in the keyword box.
If only all wishes were this easy to implement...

Public Sub SetInitCode(ByVal code As String)
Text = code
End Sub

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
London, UK
rimshot...
I think a user set default that can be changed on an individual basis.
i think per panel. if you can add left, center, right, and full that would be great.

thanks
Can't do full, that text rendering option is not available in DotNET String rendering, but I can add options for Near, Center and Far for both horizontal and vertical alignment.

Note that if you're running on a right-to-left locale such as Arabic, "near" means align at the right edge...

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
London, UK

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service