Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Grasshopper 0.7.0001 (or rather, Grasshopper 1.0 WIP April-30 2010 as I've been instructed to call it) is now available for download from this location:

This version is a major change from 0.6.X and it is very likely that there will be numerous serious problems with 0.7 for at least a few weeks to come. I'm maintaining the 0.6.00059 download in case anyone needs to fall back onto a working version in a hurry.

Do not use this version on important work and do not overwrite files made with previous versions.

This new version is based on the RhinoCommon SDK which is still in its infancy and not anywhere near as tested and proven as the 'old' DotNET SDK. There's not that much new stuff in this release, it mainly represents a platform switch.

Here's a list of things that definitely won't work in 0.7:
  • It won't work in Rhino5
  • Sweep1
  • Sweep2
  • Pipe
  • Any custom components developed for 0.6.X
Here's a list of things that probably won't work:
  • Slider Animations
  • VB and C# scripts written in 0.6.X (I've tried to maintain legacy support, but I probably missed a few cases)
Here's a list of stuff we don't know won't work:
  • Yeah... wouldn't that be nice... I suppose this is where you come in.

Note that a lot of components have been shuffled in a desperate attempt to bring some order and simplicity to the over-crowded toolbars. Many of them are now only available via the drop-down panels. Others have been merged into new master components (Addition for example now works on Colours, Numbers, Integers, Vector, Points and Complex Numbers).

Have fun testing and don't claim I didn't warn you,
David

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 3540

Replies to This Discussion

Is there any way to have both 59 and this one installed on the same computer, so we can use 59 in V5?

thanks for the update!
copy the .59 grasshopper directory out of rhino 4 plugin location

place the .59 files in rhino 5 plugin directory

open rhino 5 and load the .59 dll in the plugin manager

install .7

.7 will open in rhino 4, .59 will open in rhino 5
cool, thanks!
Thank you David!

Vector reverse isn't working at all for me:

Daniel,

I've fixed this, along with some other reported bugs. Please download and install again from the same page (should be version 0.7.0004 this time).

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Hi David,

Superb job!

The save copy as option opens the save file window twice in a row.

I noticed the catenary component produces polylines, how many sample points are you using for sampling?

Cheers

Evert
Every, just count the number of output points using CurvePoints :)
It should probably be an input huh?

Thanks on the Save Copy bug, I'll look into it.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia

THIS IS WHAT I GET WHEN TRYING TO LOAD GH 7.
ANY IDEA WHAT"S GOING ON?

THANKS
Hi Carlo,

I've seen this before. If you run the Grasshopper again, does it work the second time?

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Yes, that's it!
It just needed a double touch.
Thanks David
I know what the problem is, but I don't know how to solve it. The person who does know this within McNeel is currently on vacation. I'll cue him in next week.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Is that an installation error?

I'm catching it too with Windows 7 when I just installed 0.7.0004 (and probably yesterday). Selecting the reinstall option seems to allow the installation to complete correctly.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service