Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Grasshopper 0.6.0017 is now available for download. I replaced the old download locations:

EXE installer
ZIP installer

Bug fixes:
- Reduce polyline component incorrectly skipped last segment, this is fixed.
- Rebuild curve component always preserved Tangency, this is now optional and off by default.
- Receiver parameter failed to collect data from sources, this is fixed.
- VB and C# input parameters failed to duplicate the data, causing unpredictable behaviour when the script modified inputs directly.
- Solid Trim failed in certain cases, this is fixed for at least some of them.

Same warnings as before, please read the disclaimer on the previous announcement.

Views: 393

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi David I have a Surface from points that does not work in the new versions, the runtime error on the component reads: "object reference not set to an instance of an object" , then s output runtime error reads: "cyclical data stream detedted, parameter S is recursive", that part of my definition used to work just fine.

Also the area component is not working anymore for the closed curves the way it used to, it is only working with circles for me

By the way the new components seem great i still need to play around more with them though.

thanks again

Diego
Hi Diego,

SurfaceFromPoints works for me if I supply correct input. So the problem is probably somewhere upstream. Can you mail me the files I need to reproduce this? (david@mcneel.com)

The cyclical data stream is probably just a side-effect from the first bug. I don't actually detect cyclical streams, I just assume there is a cyclical stream if a component tries to get itself solved twice...
I just send you the files, though i just noticed the problem wasn't on the surface from points at all sorry about that, it was just on the area comoponent, which doesn't seem to work as it used to,

diego
David, I just fixed my problem i don't know whiy, but if i disconnect the curve parameter and reconnect it to the components it works fine, it's some kind of bug but very easy to fix in the definition, and to the area component just added a planar component so it doesn't work exactly as it used to but now that i think about it maybe that's th way it supposed to work so nevermind sorry to bother...
Nice work David!! Great release!

No bugs so far for me. Btw. i don't know i this has been mentioned before, but are you working on a bake-button for the remote control panel, and is it possible to get some sort of functionality that would allow for multiple disconnects? I know that these are probably very extensive changes.

/Thomas
"...are you working on a bake-button for the remote control panel..."

No. The entire Remote Panel is up for a face lift, I don't want to invest any time into the current one since it will completely disappear.

"...some sort of functionality that would allow for multiple disconnects?"

What are those?
"No. The entire Remote Panel is up for a face lift, I don't want to invest any time into the current one since it will completely disappear."

Ok.

"What are those?"

Something like when you have multiple components selected, its possible to click a button and then all input or output or both is disconnected, would that be possible?

/Thomas
So you want to remove ALL incoming and outgoing connections that end or start at any selected object?
I don't know if this is an actual bug, but when i open a document created with revision 12, save it with revision 17, close it and the open it again, all my formula components turns red. As soon as i move them, using align or just by mouse they turn grey again.

It's clearly not an actual bug, but it might lead to some confusion, if people think definitions aren't working when in fact they are.
Hi Thomas,

yeah, I've seen this a few times. Clearly I'm forgetting to update some component interfaces in some key location, but I haven't found out where yet.

If you feel that colours are off, select everything and drag it around a little bit, this forces all UIs to update.
Hi David,

Congratulations on meeting your deadline!

However, I managed to break GH and Rhino as soon as I took it out the box. User error with an Fx1 component, could have occurred with previous versions but I never tried.

I had a Cherry component to remove NULL values entering the x param but I forgot to remove empty branches so there were still null values entering the expression. I typed my formula in the input box on the context menu but when I realised that I needed PI (I instinctively wrote pi(), would this be correct?) and then I click the expression editor to get the symbol. Rhino crashed straight away "do not pass go, do not collect £200". I then recreated my definition and tried again, this time I clicked the expression editor first. Rhino crashed again, but instead of disappearing it froze and needed to be killed off from task manager. This happened a second time until I inspected the input and realised my mistake.

Can NULLS be trapped on these components when incompetent users, like me, are about?

I like the Vector Display, but can you add a wish for it to have a colour input parameter that varies with magnitude and a scale parameter so that they can be varied in size. My use would be to display a grid of current or wind vectors

Also did you see my other wish about changing similar components
http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/wish-easy-way-to-replace

Best regards,
Danny
"I like the Vector Display, but can you add a wish for it to have a colour input parameter that varies with magnitude"

Have you seen the Gradient option inside the VectorDisplay component?

I can add an optional length override input. Should this be length override, or length multiplication?

--
David

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service