Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

A small update is available to 0.9.0010, fixing a serious bug in the deserialization of generic and geometry parameters. Download the new installer here.

Fixes:

• Generic and Geometry parameter would not always retain persistent data, this is fixed.
  • SortPoints did not work, this is fixed.
  • Image Gallery component would not properly deserialize, this is fixed.
  • Prune did not work as advertised, this is fixed.
  • Sphere 4Pt didn't work correctly, this is fixed.

Additions:

• Added Invert Tranformation component (Transform.Util panel).
  • Added Author settings to the Preferences.
  • Cluster author data is now inherited from the global Author settings.

There remains a known bug in Rhino5 3D Voronoi which causes invalid Breps. This will be addressed shortly.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 4206

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks David!

Thanks David,how about sphere 4pt?I try sphere 4pt but the result is not the same when I test in rhino.I aready update to Grasshopper 0.9.0010.Can you tell me how to approximate a surface to part of sphere?

Thanks

I fixed the Sphere 4pt component but forgot to add it to the version history. 

Thanks for checking.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Hi David,any reason the shere4pts in grasshopper get the sphere much smaller than in rhino sphere 4pts?

If the points are co-planar then there are either no or infinitely many solutions. If the points are not co-planar (and also not co-linear or co-incident) then there should be only one solution and Grasshopper and Rhino should give the same answer.

If there are infinitely many solutions then the question "why this one and not that one" does not make sense. The question should be "how do I constrain the problem further so I get the answer I need?".

If the resulting sphere of the Grasshopper component does not intersect all four points then there's a bug and I need to fix it.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Great, thanks David!

I have this invalid Brep issue but since updating to Rhino Beta 2012-09-13. Is this am Rhino or Grasshopper problem?

If it happens on Rhino5 and not on Rhino4 then it is most likely a Rhino issue. I found a bug with the PlanarSurface solver in Rhino 5, but I'm still in the process of fixing it.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

OK, that looks good David, everything works OK now except one thing -

I have the Python component loaded from \AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries

but it is now not showing up in the Maths>Script toolbar.  If I double click on the field and type Python, it do get a component, so it is loaded...  The component itself has problem (posted in another thread) but that is probably internal to itself...

--Mitch

Ah, I renamed the Math tab to Maths. The python component will thus still be in the Math tab which is now on the far right end. I can fix it for the next release though.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Ah, didn't even notice that last tab.  Yes, it would be good to have the Python component under Maths with the others.  Why the change to Maths?  You going all British English on us?  :-)

Interface language in Grasshopper is British English rather than American English, this was an exception

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

From what i can tell from the screenshot, the prune tree component is doing what it's supposed to do. You are telling it to remove all branches that contain either less than 3 items or more than 6.

The first set of branches contain 1 item, which is less than 3. The second set of branches contain 10 items, which is more than 6.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service