Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi,

Does anyone have GH way of finding and identifying the neighboring cells? I'm sure a VB version is the more straight forward way, but I'm interested in a pure GH def. way...

I was trying to find it trough a intersection of curve and the neighbor cell, but I've got kind of lost...

Thanks
//A

Views: 10468

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I love this thread. This is a scripting kind of thing that just gets easier and easier with each GH release!

Ali, I'm guessing you might be headed in the labeling direction at some point...

Let me clean up my definition built off of to]'s work and I'll post it tomorrow.

Hey taz,

You read my mind;o) Looking forward to see your def.

//A
Hi Ali

attached updated version

Attachments:
That's elegant... simply elegant.

//A
I was just wandering, why flatten the distance component, if we are manipulating the data-tree?

Best
//A
Great one. One of most impressive gh solution ever seen here :D
The screen grab is a bit convoluted so I'll attach the definition. It's fairly concise, but I'm not sure how robust it is. i.e. I haven't tried it for anything but the basic quad setup.

The labeling shown is just for illustration purposes but it shouldn't be too hard to see how the data is generated.

Basically its some fancy tree work. Long live data trees!

Attachments:
wow... that's just fantastic!

//A
I have an another question! (please bear with me:o)

I was assuming that this should give me the result of all possible neighbors in one list!?! But I get a mismatch in the pattern as I've highlighted in this image...

any suggestions?

Best regards
//A
just use my def and you will get the right solution

best
yes, that was what I was trying to do at 1st.!

is this the right way?

Thanks
//A
Ali,

Are you looking for this list?

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service