Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Equal square/rectangle grid on irregular surface? Panelizing?

Hey everyone!

I'm trying to get a grid going on an irregular surface, but I'm trying to get each square/rectangle to have the same width and height. Right now I'm just working with a surface divide. Shifting the points to make lines in between. Also, is there a way of making individual rectangular surfaces in between the points?

Here's a screenshot of my form:

Definition:

Any help of advice would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Ra

Views: 17372

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ra,

I am facing a bit similar problem of what you are facing, although my surface is a bit like the Kunsthaus, and I am trying to divide the surface as a deformed geodesic dome. I am trying to generate a surface subdivision based on surface distance, which I believe is the same thing you are looking after. I have searched for that alot with no success, and so far I haven't reached a satisfying point but here is my approach may be it helps.

I created a section of the surface as an intersection between a plane and my surface, and then I offset the created line using offset crv on surface, then I divided the offset lines using divide distance. I generated a satisfying grid of points, where i can create my surfaces MANUALLY, although am still struggling of creating them in Grasshopper or connecting them with lines.

I hope you can get my approach useful. Please let me know if you reached further than wt I did.

bibo

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service