Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Is there away to separate different curve types from a list. My list has planar curves and line like curves, I want to cull out or remove the line like curves. Any suggestions and if not can there be a future component to do so? Thanks.

Views: 4900

Replies to This Discussion

Hey this is great thanks, I had a version were I was using brep/brep but further down the line so it wasn't giving this result. Nice. So now I want to ask what is the list item at the end doing?

Also do you know why the arc of the sphere shows up to begin with, I see how you removed pieces of it, but what if it intersects many closed areas before its is open?

This is a tinkered solution, without real reasoning behind. Keeping only the largest closed curve seems to work (thats what the sort+item(0) does). But it could fail on another example.

Oooops btw, the list item should be reversed to get the largest curve.

About the arc of the sphere, that reminds me about this , this is probably the same issue.

I opened your file cleverly named fix of a fix of a fix, yet everything from CCX over is red, The reason I asked about item(0) was because when I click on it it shows nothing in rhino. Thanks
Weird, try the attachment with the rhino file you posted please.
And about the definition from this old discussion, it is probably is too old and should be rewrited from scratch (version conflicting or something).
Attachments:
Check it out, its so close but the arc line came back, also it sems a few lines are ignored in my surface split. 
Attachments:

I get why the arc line is there, Its the way the sphere is constructed, maybe thats why it always comes back.

Fast fix:

Split surface with each curve individually (no flatten), filter the largest part out, join the rest.

That wont probably work in some cases.

It works great, Thanks so much
you are right, it has complications on more difficult geometries. I wish there was a simple way to just cover something in voronoi. It always gives problems.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service