algorithmic modeling for Rhino
I'm a new user to Grasshopper currently in an Architecture Undergrad Program.
I am using an Excel file as a spreadsheet for data about the various building type that I need. am wanting to know if it is possible to import data of a single cell then turn that into a line.
1) Is it possible to select a single cell in Excel and Import it to Grasshopper through the File Path or Read File function?
2) Can the value of the cell, say A2 = 45, be turned into the dimension of a line instead of a component of a point, or as the length of a vector?
3) Last would be if it is possible, could use the cells, A2 = 45; A4 = 20; A6 = 53, as the length, width and height dimensions, using the Geometry tool?
1) Yes, you may need extra components to read the excel file, such as TT Toolbox or Lunchbox
2) Yes, you need a starting point and a direction vector. The component is called LineSDL
3) Yes, you may need extra information for placement. One possible Component is CenterBox.