Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

I have created a series of windroses from ladybug, and baked them into rhino.   I am trying to figure out the process for getting them into illustrator, while maintaining their colors. (surface/fill colors, outline colors work fine).

The best I could do was to create outlines of the faces and then color them based on the vertex color and bake them, (used human plugin to bake with colors).  Then I exported from rhino as DXF, (using 2004 settings), and made sure to uncheck "explode polylines".

This got the line work into illustrator with colors, but still no fill.  I ended up individually selecting each outline path and shift+X swaps the stroke and fill color.  It only seemed to work with one path selected..

Is there any preferred workflow for getting analysis mesh output from rhino to Illustrator?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Views: 15527

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

Going through the Human road, mostly good.

But i'm having trouble when i try to use it with 3D objects, or 3D views. In those cases i've noticed that some faces are missing and /or they appear black.

Any words of wisdom here?

Thanks,

-A.

Hi Andrew!

I'm new to Ladybug and so far I've been able to achieve a lot by reading through the forum. Please excuse me if I am wrong when asking.
I've been trying to get your "Mesh to Illustrator" to work, but I guess there is something I am doing wrong. The hatches I get after baking are "open surface" and all of them are black, I am not getting the radiation color.

Here are some screenshots of my project.

The first one shows how I have attached the components, just like your example.

The second one shows the preview component in gh (left) and rhino (right)

The third one shows the radiation mesh (right) and the result of the pseudo-make2D hatches (left)

Any idea of what I am doing wrong?

Thank you!! 

Hi Jose, Did you try to change the view to Shaded? Yours seems to be set to wireframe.

It works for me when:
1. Internalized the geometry in the brep input of LB_sunlightHoursAnalysis
2. Open a New file where all default layers are in the layers list.

That's it. The default layer for baking is "Default" but for some reason your rhino file is not accepting this.
-A.
Very interesting discussion. I wonder if anyone has tried export to SVG? (http://www.grasshopper3d.com/profiles/blogs/gh-to-svg-your-graphics...) That should also be a solution.

What is interesting about SVG is that you can also render it on web and animate it using D3! :)

-Mostapha

Thanks for the link Mostapha!

I will be following this route since it is an excellent fit with my work requirements and also allows me to get more involved with D3. Would it mean though that I'd have to develop SVG code that fits LB/HB's visualizations? Anyways, I will keep everyone posted on how this works, once I start playing around.

Kind regards,

Theodore.

Sorry to bring up an old post. Some of you mentioned that you render baked analysis meshes in Rhino. When I bake a daylighting analysis mesh in Rhino it shows in Rhino as hatches and when I render it doesn't display in my rendering. Am I doing something wrong?

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service