Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi everyone,

First time user of Rhino, of Grasshopper, Ladybug, and Honeybee. It's a lot to swallow but so far I love (or I would love it if I didn't have a crazy deadline :)).

I'm pretty sure this is because of my own doing, but I'm getting an error when trying to solve adjacencies, and I'm getting a warning beforehand when intersecting masses.

The warning when intersecting masses is that Honeybee cannot check normal direction for some zones. I looked through the forum, and as I understand this is usually due to surfaces that have their normal direction pointing the wrong way. But I checked and as far as I can tell they are pointing outwards.

The error I'm getting when solving adjacencies is:

"Runtime error (MissingMemberException): 'EPZone' object has no attribute 'cenPt'
Traceback:
  line 196, in main, "<string>"
  line 247, in script
"

Could someone help me figure out what's wrong please?

Attached is the grasshopper where I have internalized the data.

Views: 962

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Julien,

I checked your file. Quite a big project for the first try!

My first suggestion for you is to intersect the geometries in Rhino and then bring them to Grasshopper. So many things can go wrong in intersection process and it doesn't look like you are going to change the relationship between the geometries once they are built (or are you?) By intersecting the geometries in Rhino and save yourself good amount of time.

The issue is happening because some of your zones has volumes that cenPt falls outside of the zone. In solveAdjc the component uses cenPts to make sure zones are not duplicated and since there is no cenPt it fails. It was a bug. I added an extra check and it should work fine.

Welcome!

Mostapha

Attachments:

Thanks for taking the time to look at it and for the quick turn around too!

Yes, definitely too big of a project for the first try, but I gotta do it nonetheless...

Actually the zoning has already slightly changed since I started cleaning up the geometry (we're in SD phase) and will evolve no matter what, hence me wanting to do it in grasshopper.

I see you've probably done the intersecting yourself in Rhino. How did you do this this quickly? Is there an easy command? Is this just "Intersect"?

At the input of Masses2Zones object, you have a brep connected to a brep. Is there a reason for this?

Also, the Masses2Zones object still stays it can't check normal directions for a few zones. Is it safe to ignore it or should I expect weird results going forward?

Thanks again,

Julien

Hi Julien,

Actually I just internalized the intersected geometries from Honeybee components. You can use a combination of intersect, intersectGroups and split in Rhino to do this.

Two brep components is redundant. You can remove the second one.

Yes. As far as you have already checked the normal directions it's totally fine to ignore the warning!

Mostapha

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service