Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

HI ,I play with WB recently,and I am not sure whether WB work perfectly with GHv0.6.0059??I knew it's a version 0_6_0043 plug-in.

Views: 3618

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Alpha222,

have you tried version 0.2 from here ? If you install Grasshopper version 0.6.59, you should be able to install WeaverBird 0.2 afterward. You need administrator rights to install Wb correctly.

- Giulio
giulio, is it possible (for this, or the next release) to make an package can install without admin rights? I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to using this plugin at work....
Hi Evan, thanks for the request, I'll consider modifying the package for the next release, or think about a more solid workaround. In the meantime, please add a comment to the page www.giuliopiacentino.com/weaverbird/ and I'll send you some instruction to install without administrator rights. -Giulio
hi Guilio, Pls could you send me the instructions with how to install this plug in??? tanx amore
I am having a similar problem. I have managed to install the plugin, however when I try to use one of the buttons (wbEdges for instance) I get this kind of error:

1. BadImageFormatException - Could not load file or assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Rhinoceros 4.0\Plug-ins\Grasshopper\rhcommon_c.dll' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.

Hi JS, hi Evan,

I received some more questions lately about the BadImageFormat exception in rhinocommon_c.dll and hopefully this will solve it for people who reverted to Grasshopper 0.6.59 from 0.7.x and are seeing this exception with WeaverBird. This only applies when using Grasshopper 0.6.59.

This exception is due to a problem in the Grasshopper installer when downgrading from 0.7.x to 0.6.59. The rh_common folder is not deleted and Grasshopper in some cases attempts to load it. If you are currently using Gh 0.6, please manually delete the folder rh_common from "C:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 4.0\Plug-ins\Grasshopper". The folder is not supposed to be there. The error should then disappear. Please let me know if this works for you.

Thank you,

- Giulio
i'm having 'similar' issues ... i had it working perfectly on 0.7, but after downgrading i am constantly getting these errors when trying to uninstall 0.3 common, and when trying to install weaverbird 0.2?

I had the same problem, if you still have the msi files, simply copy it to c:\Windows\Installer and it should work. (Looks like you might have to rename a copy of it). That looks like the current version to download again if you didn't save it.
took a little bit of renaming, like you said ... but that worked a treat. thanks jon !

I don't have c:\Windows\Installer

I'm on windows 10

If anything its c:\WINDOWS... then no installer

Hi

I downloaded version 0.2 and installed it. I have grasshopper version 6.0059 installed.
When I open the examples that you provided, I am getting errors (red colored WB components)

Regards
William
Weaverbird seems to be working fine on 0059. Make sure to dl latest version, and clean out any old versions.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service