Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Using this as one of our facade prototypes for studio.  Basically you pick a surface in rhino, it builds a random distribution of points on the surface which are your voronoi points.  I used the kangaroo component to delete some points that were too close.  From there i just used a polyline attractor to get a cull pattern for the bubbly panels.  Of course thanks for the mesh inflation tool, I've been having too much fun with it lately.

Views: 5335

Replies to This Discussion

also if anyone can help explain this problem it would be nice. for some reason there are two voronoi curves that won't form a planar surface; i tested them and they are all closed but still wont form a surface. not sure whats goin on.

EDIT: found out that using the kangaroo component to delete points close to one another screws it up. not sure how it would affect the voronoi since there is a still a point to build the curve it just wont convert to a surface. i dont necessarily need to remove close points but i like the control i have with it.
Attachments:
I some how cannot download the definition .
:(

hi i'm interested in how you went about constructing this but I can't seem to open the GHX file, it opens up a new webpage with a script?? not sure why.

But if you could repost it, it would be a huge help.

thanks 

anam

Very interesting~~Thanks for sharing~~

Really nice.

How did you achieve the inflation part? I downloaded the files every part works except the inflation, the cells that are suppose to be inflated are just empty.

Thanks

i can't seem to download the GHX file, it opens up a new webpage with a script. if you could send me the GHX or a print screen of how this was created i'd really appreciate it. 

anam

if you right click and save as, it should work

sorry guys but how can I download the definition, I am trying to inflate a mesh with constrains and that seams to be very similar

Thank you in advance

very nice work and thanks for sharing, but how do you use the Geometry Gym plug in? It needs activation or something?  

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service