Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

I am trying out a circular moire effect. I wanted to have various centers for various circles (say 7 circles) and on every center would have a series of concentric circles like in the image below. The difference would be, I think, that the radius growth would increase not linearly but with a growing difference everytime. Say for instance that I have a 1.25 growth factor from circle to circle and also can anyone help me with the same growth principle like the one in the image? How can I have (n)number of circles growing inside a circle?

Thank you!

Z.

Views: 4692

Replies to This Discussion

This would be the basic idea.  You can place them wherever you want by changing the plane origin for the Circle component and how they look by changing the starting number, the spacing and the count in the Series component.

Here's a bit more.

Attachments:

Thank you so much! It's perfect. :)

You mean something like this..??

Attachments:

Thank you. But I wanted this Moire to be an engraving on a metal sheet. Why doesn't the grasshopper definition work on the circles? Can anyone please help. For another engraving that I tried, there's another problem with the corners. The scoring seems to skip the corners of the rectangle. I hope someone can help with the two problems.

Attachments:

Your questions aren't clear to me.  Why doesn't which definition work on which circles?  It appears that you've successfully created the circle moire in the .3dm file.  What else are you looking for?  Also what are the inputs for the Guillochage definition?  Are you using a cnc machine to engrave the guillochage?

Yes, I am using a CNC machine for the engraving. The moire works perfectly, but i was using another pattern for engraving. Something like the iso curve, but it's actually a simple diagonal pattern.

I can't really say from looking at the picture.  Are the tool paths for those corners showing up in the G-code file that you send to the cnc machine?  CAn you post the G-code files?

Hey Chris,

Going back to the circle moire, can you help me with the definition if I wanted the distance between the concentric circles to increase when they go away from the center of the circle? Something like this..say if the distance grew by 1.25 as it went away from the center.

Did you have a look at what Jissi posted? It kind of does what you want..

Anyway, here's a definition, that probably does what you want.

Attachments:

hi hannes, nice def.

do you have an idea how to fill colour between the lines?

wäre dies machbar?
ich kann mir das zumindest vorstellen!

like this?

Attachments:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service