Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi, I'm reopening this thread cause all links seem broken at the original grillage fabrication.

I started with something more similar to gribs (cause they were close curves that define a volume, not a surface -a kind of rhino contour-). I would like to see one grasshopper file about Grillage Fabrication in order to improve my original one.

Thanks everyone. (I've added my file, if anyone is interested)

Views: 2043

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

There have been many, but feel free to look at this on I created a while back:

http://fancywires.com/?p=59

The definition is for GH 0.6. If the link doesn't work, let me know.
Thanks a lot taz, the link works. :-) I'll give it a try and let you know.
First off, thanks a lot for putting together and sharing the file! It is very intuitive and an incredible time saver.

I haven't had any problems using gFAB_v3.2 in the past, however, I'm encountering some bizarre issues this time around and was hoping you could shed some light on why I am possibly not getting good results

As you can see in the screen shot, some of the sections are not be properly generated and are causing there to be a failed intersection. What is particularly strange is that I get what seems to be unpredictable results if I change the parameters (spacing, height, etc.). There are also few other quirks such as tags not always being generated (especially for B sections) for every section laid out - but I'm not as concerned about that. I'm assuming this is an issue with the geometry I'm setting as the grillage object since no one else seems to be having this issue with the definition.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!
Attachments:
Someone else also just posted similar definition which might be more up to date:

http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/a-solid-waffle-for-laser

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service