Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Welcome to the Grasshopper to Revit Forum.  

Please post any questions or examples you have here.

Views: 3012

Replies to This Discussion

Agreed, great to see that the GH community is not afraid of this connection!  I'm also happy to see lots of different methods of communication between the two programs, the last thing we need is one "official" methodology!

Hiroshi, while I agree that its great that there are so many ways to do it, maybe there are some common things that can be shared amongst the tools that are available in GH?

Hi Luis,  I'm not sure what you mean.  Which things are you referring to?

Have been a rhino user for 4 years until i hit upon Revit. now, having also used BIM for the past 4 years since, my observations are as follow - 

1. while GH has a strong focus in recursive actions, this is a small but significant area where it could come handy. There are boring items such as Door Schedules to update, and Grasshopper will trump in cutting down the man-hours. 

2. Grasshopper could help with building components such as Curtain Walling - which, although quite efficient for its own purpose within Revit Architecture, still lack the ability to be designed at complete will. 

3. I tend to disagree with the one-sided workflow from GH and Revit. It will really limit the capabilities of both the products. I don't assume that GH will understand the building elements, but once a script is run, it should still be in a position to take in some of the resulting form and manipulate it. 

Hi Muthahar,

1. while GH has a strong focus in recursive actions, .... 

not wishing to seem pedantic, but native GH is more about repetition than recursion.

My favorite quote "To understand recursion, you must first understand recursion". In GH there is no mechanism that allows resulting data to be fed back into the definition to be run again, and again, and again.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service