Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi!

i have 2 waves generated in GH, and i would like them to interfere, (like it's shown in the second picture).
This means that the altitude of a point on the interference surface is determined by the sum of the z-coordinates of the 2 initial wave surfaces in that XY plane coordinate.

how do you advise me to go about this?

one way is to make a horizontal grid of vertical lines that intersect the two initial wave surfaces, get the intersection points and generate a new point in the middle of the distance between the initial two. then make a new surface based on the newly generated points.

is there a simpler/more economical way of doing this?

thank you!
andrei

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/2140/interfy.jpg
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8712/wavesculoare3d.jpg

(how ca i embed pictures in the post? it seems it doesn't work as in the usual forums, if i use the [URL .... URL] thingies, it just displays the text, not the image..)

Views: 13478

Replies to This Discussion

thanks for your replay, but in this definition there is no slider

you have to input a slider where the start of the wave is, something like that. think about it. what parameter loops through values when the waves move...
I'm a newbie, I wish I knew where to put the slider~

Try changing the equation in the FxN components to:

sin(t+((x-a)^2+(y-b)^2)^.5)

You'll need to give it a new "t" input using the input manager from right clicking the component

then connect your slider to t

Thanks daniel, I can't believe I did it, just one step before success, first of all, the image from the sequence of the animation looks so rough with wireframe but yours looks like a rendered animation, any way to improve it?

another question , the default waving "field" is a square, is there anyway I can change it into other shape and size??  

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service