Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi guys, first I want to say this is really cool, Im happy to join the new froum!!!

Still, about the slider animation, I pasted the following code in the vb component, but the vb turns to red, what should I do to make it right?

Dim i As New Integer
Dim x_i As New OnBrep
Dim count As New Integer
count = x.Count()
Dim obj_list As New List(Of IRhinoBrepObject)
For i = 0 To count - 1
x_i = x(i)
Dim obj As IRhinoBrepObject = doc.AddBrepObject(x_i)
obj_list.Add(obj)
doc.Regen()
Next

Dim filename As String = "C:\wherever\whatever" & y & ".bmp"

app.RunScript("-_Render")
app.RunScript("-_SaveRenderWindowAs """ & filename & """")
app.RunScript("-_CloseRenderWindow")

For i = 0 To count - 1
doc.DeleteObject(New MRhinoObjRef(obj_list(i)), True, True)

Views: 10727

Replies to This Discussion

IIRC, this script worked by using the "animate" function of the slider component. This means you end up with two sets of images, one set is a bunch of screencaps of the viewport that you can discard, and the other is a set of rendered images using rhino's active render.

The A output shouldn't output anything.

Thanks for your help,

when i animate i do see get the images for that show the unbaked grasshopper geometry. while running the animation im assuming i should be seeing the grasshopper geometry bake render through vray delete that geometry and repeat through each number on the slider right? Im using the demo version of vray perhaps that might be a problem?

I have plugged animating objects into x on your VB Script... and because diff setup... it doesn't delete the old bakes...

I am using a slider that goes from zero to minus 10 to animate a few hundred panels exploding... can the script delete the bakes if i was to link my slider to the y channel on the VB?

How would i do this.. would I have to change the script to account for my slider setup? i.e. zero to minus 10??
Hi,..
Can anyone explain how to use that animation.ghx file,,.? I tried using it, But it somehow didnt work,... Do we have to plug it into our existing definition,.?

Thanks
Hello, I am an architect who has recently taken the time to learn grasshopper because of the capabilities of parametric design for building complex geometries and modifying them with ease.  You can imagine my surprise when I discovered that the ability to create a rendered animation is not included in grasshopper.  Instead we must rely upon third party scripts to achieve this task.  I had some success with Giulio's render animation component (accessed here http://www.giuliopiacentino.com/grasshopper-tools/) although this script can be finnicky.  What I ask is that for the next release of grasshopper a render animation feature be fully integrated with Rhino to work with any of the standard rendering engines.  This feature's existence should be a given in a program relying on slider input.  That way those of us who aren't fluent in VB or C# can still maximize our time, skills and effort. Great start, but pick it up McNeel.
Anyone tried it on the new vb.net common? It doesn't seem to work. They don't have many of the constructors anymore.

Hello,

Yes indeed, renderAnimation does not seem to work anymore using GH 0.8.0013. I also copied/pasted to a new version of DotNet C# component and I do not even get an error message. I've set my V-Ray renderer to batch mode.

I got renderAnimation from:

http://www.giuliopiacentino.com/grasshopper-tools

and

keep-results.ghx which has a keep-results flag.

When I re-instantiate the DotNet C# component, I finally get an error telling:

ObjectAttributes does not contain a definition for 'DisplayMode' (line 320)

It is a question of version between Rhino and the DotNet C# component.

I the problem occurs, just comment the 'DisplayMode' (line 320) and it will work.

Hello Oliver,

The 'keep results.ghx' file does not export rendered images...  How did you do?

I do not remember. hihihi :)

hi guys

giulio's gh component, but i can't work out how it could call a vray material, and if i use the component called "material" in the gh file, the emissive of the material seems not working (or not working as vray material layer) and can't control the intensity as well.... any components/scripts could do that?? i'm keen to use the ability of time-based variation of lighting parameters to get on my works....

cheers

puikincz

Hi, I am trying to use this tool, but I am trying to apply it on a DIVA daylighting analysis renderer, it's not one of the Rhino default renderer, but it's a plugin in Grasshopper, it can create images and I wanted to use these images properties.

I would like to know if there is a way to set the script to read from another plugin in stead of the default render??

In other words....Can I make let's say Flamingo automatically change to the same day/time/location of another plugin (DIVA)???

Any help is highly appreciated!!

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service