Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

I have created a series of 3d l system trees from a grid of points. All of the L system trees are of varying heights which relate to a roof surface. All of the branches intersect the roof surface. See attached image for a picture of this.

What I want to do is trim the brances of the 3d trees using the roof surface so that the branches stop at the roof. How can I do this? 

Views: 9629

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

Yeah that's really good however, I was also trying to do the same in the first 'quad move' of points as shown in the image below however when I do, I get all the values happening to all of the points. How can I split the values so that only one value affects one point. I have tried grafting and it does not seem to work. Any thoughts?

mh, should work the same way?

Check the point numbers in the outputs, maybe there is a mistake?

I think I may have found the source of the problem. Basically the move component highlighted in red is only taking the value form the vector component highlighted in blue. (This happens when I ungraft the T imput of the move component) 

To get around this I have created three extra move components and just wired one vector component to each one as shown in the image below. This has given me the four points that I am after however it seems like a long way round and will ultimately result in a over complicated definition. 

Do you know a way around this so that I can just use one move component  as opposed to having four?

your help would be most appreciated 

Attachments:

ah, yeah

the vector does not make any sens after you want a random arrangement.

I would try to skip it, and see waht is happening. Mh but if the solution will be satisfying? The tree structure will lose its strength, and will look...random (haha)

I am pretty busy right now, I can have a look at it maybe tomorrow, sorry!

best Regards

JOhannes

Thank You

Michael

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service