Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi all,
the problem can't be easier to explain and harder to realize: I need to draw a tangent line between 2 parabolas, in rhinocheros we have the command which draw a tangent between two curves, in grasshopper we have not, but in this case it should be easier to program, because parabolas have only 2 possible solution (in this case i think there is only one)...

How can i program it? I thinked about it all day but i can't figure it out. maybe do exist a graphical construction that i ignore?

maybe this can help http://www.math.washington.edu/~aloveles/Math124Fall2012/Conroytang...

Views: 1043

Replies to This Discussion

I thougth grasshopper and rhino were programmed with python.

Oh no, far from it. Rhino core is programmed using C++. We expose .NET layers for those people who wish to write plugins using C#, or VB.NET, or other .NET languages. Starting with Rhino6, we're also using C# for some of the interface code of core Rhino.

Rhino also exposes RhinoScript (VBScript with a lot of added functionality) and IronPython SDKs, but that does not mean Rhino itself was written in either python or VBScript.

Grasshopper is written entirely in VB.NET and C# and uses the RhinoCommon SDK.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service