Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

All,

I am still working through the creation of a diagrid for a wood gridshell, and could use some of the collective wisdom of the discussion to answer some questions.

I have been able to create tiered / cascading selection sets from the point list of the diagrid manually, but have been unable to create the pattern to simplify the list. Right now I have separate components for each of the lath centerlines. I have been able to copy and rotate half of the lines. Is there a simpler way of performing this set of actions?

The second part of the problem has been in using the resulting polylines to sweep a closed curve along for the laths. Thus far I have used the [1] offset on a surface component, [2] flipping the copied curves, and then [3] creating a surface only to [4]extract the resulting Brep edges to make a set of [5] ruled surfaces... Again, here there must be a simpler way of doing this.

I would be grateful for any feedback on this dilemma.

Thanks!

Views: 3317

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Peter,

You have thrown a lot of information at me, and I will digest it as quickly as I can. I had a weekend of family things, so starting tomorrow morning I will dive into all of the GH and 3DM files a bit more deeply. So far it's awesome! I'm sure that the more I work my way through the definition, the more awesome it will seem.

best,

greg

Here's a tech preview:

from here (mode design => primary diagonal "beams" + secondary for planar roofing panels):

to that (mode apply: roofing panels):

more soon.

Well ... via cut and paste (from a variety of C# for internal use only) I've prepared a thingy for you that is quite close with your initial idea. As usual it works either in design mode (flat) or on a surface List/Tree.

But since it's a truss on target (although a "flat" one - up to this moment to be exact, he he + he he) further processing is carried over via connectivity data (made on the fly): Things that relate things with other things, that is ...

... they do that by "linking" an index [to something] to a collection of indices [for something else]. That way you can "relate" cats to dogs, dogs to alligators, Ducatis (yes) to Hondas (no) etc etc.

But since the C# operates on surface Lists ... the "usual" connectivity "format" (indices) is replaced by a superset (paths).

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service