algorithmic modeling for Rhino
I have constructed some Voronoi cells on my surface.
after i used the weaverbird tool sierpinski carpet to create a mesh with a new hole in the "middle"
The result of this construction is meant to be printed with a 3D Printer, so it should be one whole surface instead of little puzzle-pieces put together.
I would be glad if you have any suggestions to solve this problem.
Thanks for the hint, i will try it. But i think it needs some time to get a good result...i have to tryout how the modules work. ^^
I will post the result if its finished
Wow, these are really Fantastic results... May you have an example GH file for something like this?
Which renderer u used for the Rendering?
I don't know if its appropriate for me to post a GH that I did not create.
Do more searching at this forum, restrict your search to voronoi you will find
the appropriate GH. For rendering I use KeyShot.
I think, in your model, you need to do more work going from the polylines to a mesh. I'd done something similar on a 2d voronoi and was thinking about a 3d one so thanks for posting!
I followed an approach that scales the voronoi polyline cells about their centres and then uses the corner points from the inner and outer cells to make mesh faces. It does this by making quad faces from the corner points. So... Outer Cell point 0 and point 1 plus inner cell point 1 and point 0. Then outer pt1, pt2 and inner pt2, pt1 and so on around each pair of inner and outer cells. This gives a load of single face meshes which are joined with Weaverbird, then thickened, subdivided and smoothed.
Your Brep chair shape looks great!
Oh, also, the exoskeleton and cytoskeleton components are great too... definitely worth trying. These work if you have single lines creating your line network. If you have cells like with the voronoi then you would have to reduce these to just single lines connecting all the points to get a line network that would work with exoskeleton.
Wow this looks great, this was exactly what i want to do!!! Thank you very much for helping, i analysed the GH file u sent me. I'm not sure i understand completly whats going on, so let me try to explain.
The Cull Element is for remove the duplicate Vertices at one cornerpoint form the scaled and original Polygons. The Series Item with the Expression X-1 is to become the correct Number of Items without the Culled Vertices.
Now i have two Questions for the four ListItems before Merge them together. For me it looks like the ListItem on the top and the one below construct the same points, the same for the points from the not scaled Items.
Why i need this points "duplicatet"?
The other Question is, the Expression X+1 in the "second" of the ListItems what does this?
The rest makes sense to me...
Thank you very much for your fantastic help!!!
The Item components are selecting a sequence of points around each pair of polyline cells... For each pair of polylines they are selecting points 0 & 1 (from non-scaled) and 1 & 0 (from scaled polyline cells), then 1 & 2 and 2 & 1, then 2 & 3 and 3 & 2 etc.
The Series component is creating a series of 0,1,2..[length of number of points in the polyline cell - 1] for each pair of polyline cells.
The X+1 expression on each of the second Item component is because the points above are actually n & n+1
Each of the four points 0 & 1 and 1 & 0 etc are used to make singular mesh faces. They have to be fed into the mesh component in a clockwise order (or maybe anti-clockwise works too).
I hope that helps!
I find using the Data Viewer tool (from Menu View>>Data Viewer) really helps understand what is happening as data goes through the model.