Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi to everyone,

in this tutorial ( http://diva4rhino.com/page/simulating-luminaires-with-ies-files ) is shown a method to simulate a lamp in DIVA. Considering that the process is about a modding of radiance materials, do you think that it would be possible to do the same in honeybee?

To go deeper I have tried to do the tutorial about DIVA, but in its grasshopper version: it doesn't work. To be more precise, the material, applied to a brep, is not read by the DIVA daylight simulator. Actually I don't know if I'm mistaken about some details.

it would be great if only it could be possible in honeybee! for instance I have found this study which is pretty interesting to calculate lamps power consumptions directly in honeybee: https://sites.google.com/site/just4architecture/research/responsive...

Thank you,

Claudio

Views: 4594

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Sure. Sounds like a good ides. I will add -m option to the component, and I will check the links. Thanks again.

Hi,
Here it is. Actually I finished the work, got the results and.. It has stopped working right now. There should be a problem somewhere in copying luminaries (or at least, I made a mistake). What do you think about it?

Values seem to be fine:
- max difference 8% (E avarage)
- min difference 1% (uniformity)

I hope this is a great news,
Claudio

Attachments:

Thank you Claudio. This is amazing! I will test the files this weekend.

Meanwhile what is the version of Windows that you are using and do you have administrative privilege on your system. I wonder if there is a permission issue that stops RAD2IES to run.

Mostapha

Win7 pro and I log in as the administrator. Anyway I'm going to check all my profile settings. Despite this you will be able to verify that 'HB_run_daylight simulation" component might give you back the 'IES luminaire 42915795_(STD) is scaled or rotated and cannot be added to the scene' error.

Thank you,

Claudio

Everything works fine here on my system. I internalize the results for you in the attached file.

Attachments:

Hi Claudio,

I cannot download the .rar file. Can you upload it in another format (e.g. zip)?

Meanwhile I will check the IES file that you sent.

Hi Mostapha,

Here it is the zip file. Running your new file it doesn't work... :-/

Meanwhile I'll check as much I can

Attachments:

Ok, it works. It needed just to disconnect an connect again the new component. What have you changed since the last time?

Good to know. I changed nothing in IES2RAD component! So strange... I will add -m option shortly.

Well, it depends on how I create points where anchor lights. Once I create them I make some group of maximum 3 points each. I have no idea about the reason, but it works :)

Currently I'm trying to get out coloured meshes from a single analysis with 3 grids but it's quite difficult. Unflattening results it gives me back a couple of errors into the Python editor.

I think I'll make the analysis with one grid each.

Thank you

PS: -m, quite hyping!

Attachments:

That sounds strange. I'll be happy to check your file if you couldn't figure it out. I added -m option and copied light 9 times in a single room and it all works fine. Check the attached file.

Back to the error it is my bad! I mistakenly copied a newer version of Ladybug_Ladybug in the example file which is not backward compatible. If you drop the Ladybug_Ladybug component from Ladybug tab into the canvas and try again it should work all fine.

Mostapha

Attachments:

Wow, it works very good. I did a small change to the line 141:
if modifier!=None and not 0 < modifier < 1:
if modifier!=None and not 0 <= modifier <= 1:

It seems to be working either with 0 and 1 values. I'm going to do my study as soon as possible, I'll let you know the results posting a little summary.

Thank you for all your work,

Claudio

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service