Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

I am posting here again, since the bug report is still unanswered, maybe someone has a workaround.

So I am merging 2 data streams with different path depths, like {0},{1},{2} and {0;0;0}, {0;0;1},{0;0;2}. So when I simplify all the inputs to merge, it does what is expected and bundles everything together into the {0},{1} and {2} lists.

But now the patch can also produce just single branches, so one in the format {0} and one in the format {0;0;0}. Simplify does nothing to those paths and therefore merge results in two branches.

Anyone have a workaround for simplifying single data streams (but not flattening). I know I can just check the number of branches and then switch to a different merge that flattens the inputs, but I would rather use just a single node which accomplishes this. To be honest, I dont understand why simplify ignores single branches.

Here is another example.

2 branches:

1 branch:

Views: 1952

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry I know it seems like flattening is the key, but the script relies on the branching information, because they are separated later on. Each branch is one building part. There can be many and there can be just one. If I flatten, then it will fail with more than one part, because all branching information is lost. If I dont flatten it fails with one part, because it results in 2 branches, each with part of the information.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service