algorithmic modeling for Rhino
... given this thread: http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/array-of-sections-cnc
here's my (WIP) take on that subject.
PS: Demo data are internalized ... but load Rhino file first (you know the reason, don't you? he he).
PS: Read all comments before attempting to use this (and the myriad of options) with your data.
V5 soon, best, Peter
(1) NO internalized test data: GH can't memorize them and yields a red C# (nullBreps and the likes). Thus: Load Rhino file first.
(2) Added more test cases and a dynamic one for my friend Alberto (who has pipes in mind).
(3) Some "minor" bugs fixed (what I was thinking? you tell me, he he)
(4) Added more options (from the almost ready V5): "Interactive" (so to speak) Scan mode is cool.
(5) Added ... er ... hmm ... a demo (fat) sardine as a mesh (quite unthinkable for me: I mean the mesh not the sardine).
This is amazing! I'll play around with it.
I just submit my competitions so here are the files.
Its a bike rack/bench/stage conformed by plywood structure and corrugated plastic pipes.
I hope I win. Thanks man!
Why my files get attached but after uploading doesnt show them?
The rhino file
One of the boards
Wish you the best (i.e. kill them all, take no prisoners, no mercy ... etc etc).
As regards the C#: I'm a complete idiot:
2. Some user plane "auto align" option must be available, it's so obvious (I'm idiot).
3. Some other options should control a lot of other things in order ... blah blah (I'm idiot).
Moral: I'm idiot.