Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hey there.

So I'm having a problem with my VB.NET script module.

1) If I write some code, it seems to be saved in the component but it does not recompile.  I get an orange flag saying "no code supplied".  I know there was a problem in GH 0.8.0064 or sth like that, but it was supposedly fixed.  I tried swapping out my script.gha file again with the one that David provided in January, but it still doesn't work.

2) I still have regular problems with script components not working properly.  They are grey in color and seem to be working (no errors) but output nulls.  The only way to fix is to delete the component and then ctrl-z.  Then magically the component begins working again.  This happens quite often is some of my scripts.  Attached is a script that I am having problems with (one VB script was written in an earlier version, the other I tried to write just now).

Thanks,

Marc

Views: 651

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

The one on the right has code in the <Custom additional code> section, but not the RunScript function. Is that supposed to be the case?

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Oops.  *slaps forehead*  No, that is not supposed to be the case.

Anyway, problem #2 persists, regardless.

Thanks,

Marc

There's a lot of new caching code in 0.8.0066, it's certainly possible there's a bug there. I haven't seen this problem yet and I use the Script components quite a lot myself. Unless you stumble on a way to consistently repeat this bug, I think the best option is to get you a special build that logs a lot of the events. I'll send you a private message with a special build.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

I write it here, just not to open another topic..

It's quite possible you know about this bug(????) 

When we have standard VB on canvas, (x and y inputs, A output) and then we add some code in, where we write

A = x

B = y ( B is output not yet added )

And then we close the vb script editor... components get red (obviously). But after that we add (with ZUI) B output - component is still red (printing smth like "B is not declared"). So I delete caches, open editor and click to cache. Problem is still not resolved with it. Sometimes even erasing "B = y" wont help. What I do is deleting the ouput B with ZUI, create new one with name i.e "Ba" and change the code "Ba = y".

Hi Mateusz,

yup, that's a bug. Easy to fix too. Thanks.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

recycling this topic again. This time about a little wish (there is no need to create a new topic again IMHO) . Is it possible, and in your opinion good to make a snapping grid on GH canvas ? I looked back to first releases, where used to be something like "generation" on canvas(and I like it, but I know that its quite impractical to sort components by generations). There is a possibility to make a grid with modular size, and snapping components with i.e. left top corner to it. 

And other one - I really like bspline(?) wires but... when there are 100 components on canvas its not possible to find  "that one" wire. Do you think that  straight-line wires would make them more readable ? (as as option) 

OK... sounds good.  Just a note:  I've been having this behavior problem since at least as early as 0051, but probably earlier.  I thought I posted something about it a while ago, but I can't find it in the archives so maybe I didn't...

I seem to remember you (or someone at least) did.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service