Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi All!

As a quick question for Chris and Mostapha, and anyone else who knows, I am trying to run a parametric iteration study, but it is going to take a long time for them all to run if it can only run one energy and daylight simulation at a time.

Is there a way to run the idfs created as a group run like what energyplus launcher can do with native energyplus?

Views: 3011

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mostapha,

Thank you for the help and sorry for the late response. I was trying the parallel run  in the model. Everything is connecting well, I am able to read the files but my energy plus is not being called/ not running. I wonder what's the obvious mistake I am making. I have attached my folder. 

Once again thank you for the help!

Vinu

Attachments:

I guess it's because the default EnergyPlus folder is set to C:\\EnergyPlusV8-1-0 and not 8-3-0. Can you change the path in line 155 in Re-Run IDF to C:\\EnergyPlusV8-3-0 and try again?

Mostapha

I don't have an EnergyPlus 8-3-0, the latest one is 8.4.0 will it work on that?

You can download it from here: (https://github.com/NREL/EnergyPlus/releases/tag/v8.3.0) However if you're using the same EnergyPlus to create the files it should work fine! Let me check your file.

Hi Mostapha,

Thank you! It's running with energy plus 8.3.0 but when I am trying to read the result files, I used item selector to separate the files and connected it to read EP results but it showed the following errors. 

1. Your simulation probably did not run correctly.
Check the report out of the Run Simulation component to see what severe or fatal errors happened in the simulation.
If there are no severe or fatal errors, the issue could just be that there is .eio file adjacent to the .csv _resultFileAddress.
Check the folder of the file address you are plugging into this component and make sure that there is both a .csv and .eio file in the folder.

But my .csv file and .eio file is there, I will send a clean file tomorrow to show the issue.

Vinu

Vinu

I'll pick up here as Mostapha is pretty snowed under. Can you attach the file here?

Hi Mostapha!

I am trying to do parallel runs for some idf's. I tried doing it through the file you shared here. However, so far I have not been able to do so. I am attaching my idf's. Could you please let me know what am I doing wrong?

Ram

Attachments:

Hey Anton,

Sorry for the late reply, the python script that I used helps me to run the model multiple times. I will send the file in which I had issue. I will make a separate post.

Thank you Mostapha and Anton for the help and quick responses!

Vinu 

Hi Vinu, Can you link me to the seperate post? I can't see it.

Hi Anton,

I did not post it but its working now, I updated my ladybug/honeybee and it is all working! I am posting it in this thread for Anastasios.

Thank you for the help!

Vinu

Hi Vinu, Anton,

I have been following the post with great interest since I have been trying to set up a remote analysis using multiple analysis on the background of network desktop. Unfortunately I cannot get the simulations to run neither on the network machines nor on my local desktop. Could you please upload the last successful definition maybe? You only used the .idf's created by the "runEnergySimulaiton" component without running it? 

thank you for opening up this discussion by the way. It is very helpful so far. 

Best,

Tasos

Hi Tasos,

Yes, we only used the .idf's created by Run Energy Simulation component without running it! I have attached the mock example below, I used Mostapha's  python coding posted above! the folder I have attached is working!

Vinu

Attachments:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service