Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello !

I 'm trying to describe an ellipse with randomly generated surfaces.

First I make an ellipse, I scale it "n" number of times with a graph mapper "perlin noise".

After I generate random points on the curves, I make plans on those points and I create random sized vertical planar surfaces, I move them on z randomly and finally i cull the intersecting ones with the "collision many/many" component.

Now I think that i have too much surfaces so i'm tryng to cull those that can't be seen because they are surrounded by other surfaces but i don't really know how to proceed ?

Maybe a solution is to scale each surfaces, to generate points on each, move them on their z by z and minus z, creating lines with those points and culling each surfaces according to the number of intersections but i don't know how to do that...???

The main idea is to keep the boundaries of the ellipse with surfaces but not to have too many of them, any advises to proceed differently are really welcomed 'cause i think the results are very ugly for now and i hate using the "random" component...  

On the image the pink surfaces are those i want to cull...

So thanks in advance for taking time to take a look at my code ;)

Views: 1913

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

What about trying to use the component that cast mesh shadows? That idea could work but you will need some kind of pattern that define viewpoints from where you are tracing the rays to project shadows and see which rectangles are occluded by others.

Other approach could be generating a known number of planes regularly distributed over the ellipse and distort and move them at controlled but randomly distributed ratios. It will give you more control over the result, and you can always heavily distort the rectangles to get more "movement" or populate more or less the initial curve.

Thanks Angel ! I'll try the second solution. For the first you mean to test the shadows by portions of ellipse ?

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service