Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello All,

is there an equivalent in GH to Rhino's ptPanelGridQuads command? Perhaps I have missed it, but I can't find it.  I am trying to make planar surface pieces from a double curved surface, and ptPanelGridQuads nicely triangulates where the quad deviation is too far from the original surface.

-thanks, Michael

Views: 1656

Replies to This Discussion

"some" sandpaper may be required...we have a triangular solution, which may be the right one.  Being a bit pig-headed, we want to compare it to a quad, or mixed, solution.  For connections we use dowels.  WE have to have small parts that make up the large whole because that's a requirement for fabrication...

I would STRONGLY recommend to download the stuff in the above link provided.

It's the best thing that happened to mankind (Kangaroo excluded but I have no idea if he can cut the mustard on planarization matters).

It's free as opposed the Evolute Pro serious cost AND works inside GH 100% OK (same can't be said for Evolute by any means, he he).

Honestly is the total answer to your planar quads issue. Notify if you have any installation issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh-OAmWPaps

Here's the suggested thing in action: red means planar quads (deviation is controlled by several parameters - but in this furniture case hasn't any real-life importance).

I'll prepare ASAP an apples VS apples case : planar quads VS planarize quads out of non planar quads (with my C#).

It's obvious who's gonna win the trophy (not me, for sure he he)

I'll let the results speak for themselves.

Attached is the result of planarizing this in (the new) Kangaroo.

Try your tests on that and compare.

Attachments:

Results: Daniel wins the trophy hands down. Bravo.

Q: new K is available? I have the 099 build.

best, Peter

This rather simple case (not very challenging mind: a MERO1 system against secondary support + corrugated sheets + insulation + membranes + VMZink) is not a bad start for testing - Generative Components.

And although this it's not using glass an effective planarzation could greatly facilitate opaque "flat" envelope "panel" fabrication.

Holly Cow ^ n : this IS the next best thing that happened to mankind

Provide an address for the trophy and the girl (but you must come to Greece to collect your Panigale: custom ECU maps by yours truly)

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service