Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi,
I'm trying to realize a panelization using a diagrid.I'm using a def (that piacentino i think gave me in an older post) that use a script component to create the diagrid.now i want to obtain flat panels.So i tried to project the wires of the panels on a plane normal at the surface in the centroid point of each panel.
Something is going wrong.....
Can you help me?or do you know a easier way to do this?
i post the def.

thanks

bye    Paolo

Views: 8530

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

This is the best diagrid definition ive seen yet. so many options! does anyone have an idea of how to go about making the individual panels in 2d for cutting purposes? I assume it would have to do with reversing the math allowing the planes to exist in tangent to the input surface. thats all i got though.
Hi Guys,
Thanks for that Great def.

I have a question: Is there a way to use the generated points before joining them with lines or surfaces as an organised point grid?

basically I want to use these diamond grid as a base for image sampler, so when I add my circles(for example) it comes staggered and not on a rectangular grid?

Appreciate your reply.

bibo
hmm if I understand your question correctly you should be able to use a list item to extract the points from the output of the definition and then apply circles using those points as a center and the planes from the output as the plane needed it the input for the circles... If I dont understand can you post your files and Ill take a look?
Is there a way to fill the half diamond patterns that occur around the outer edges, i'm facing a problem with this using the gh file here and using paneling tools, Is there a solution for this other than doing it manually?
Please for the complete, modify the scheme in a file, replace the lines on the curves- smooth curves (PROJECTED) bound for the curved panels,  and close to the surface (body to rotate)?  How to keep the length of the panel edge constant over the entire surface? Please  send the file (diagridcomplete) with these changes.
For complex surfaces istrument paneligtools works unstable.
Perfectly replaces your file GH (diagrid...

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service