Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

This discussion is for Grasshopper-related file sharing, questions, and general tomfoolery in CAC Su14.

Views: 2454

Replies to This Discussion

Hi here is the definition I am having problems in.  I named the groups my questions.

Best,

Dane

I don't see the files.

Hmm?

Attachments:

I don't know why but I have to do this in chinks.  I'm sorry if you're getting an e mail every time.

D

Attachments:

Haha I think we should spend some time practicing how to use a Grasshopper forum on top of how to use Grasshopper...

See the attached file for answers to your questions. Modified components are grouped in cyan and answers are on white panels and grouped with modified components in white groups (see image).

(The definition was super messy so I deleted anything not immediately relevant. You can copy and paste selected chunks back into your original file if you need to.)

Attachments:

Thank you! I'll work on my messiness.

Hi,

I tried to mirror my second aperture system (surfaceMorph) to complete the system as a symmetrical one, and I ran into a few issues.  I tried a few more things that just didn't seem to give me the end result I was looking for.

I finally ended up just repeating the SrfMorph twice, along with the multidimensional slider that dictates the planar surface that is being used for the SrfMorph. then I just adjusted the second slider to contain an opposite value in the Y direction.  I believe this is probably not the most efficient way to do it but I can't figure out another way. 

I've attached the grasshopper file for your review. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Olivia

Attachments:

Hi Olivia see the attached image and file - it's a matter of using the unit centroids as the origins of the mirror planes. (I also took the liberty of cleaning up your definition a bit so I could tell what was going on.)

Attachments:

Thanks so much. 

I should there be more or is this complex enough?  

Best,
Dane

Attachments:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by