Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

if you have any ideas/problems or questions just let us know ;)

Views: 12018

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I've tried it and it works, however the results from insolation calculation are not good :/ Am I doing something wrong?

Grasshopper

Furthere more, even if I manage to get the values on the mesh grid, the insolation calculation component in grasshopper becomes orange, indicating that it is not connected successfully with ecotect, I gather the problem is the time it takes to calculate, even though I put 50 sky division...

hi everyone,
i have a problem when transfering my geco meshes to ecotect.
I firstly check my normals in rhino, then import them to grasshopper, use the tutorial 'solar analysis' algorithm and finally send all to ecotect.
some parts are ok, but others have their normals turned on the inside, the blue ones (while i'm sure i imported it correclty). what am i supposed to do to fix this problem?
thank u so much!!

hi,

you can always check the normals in ecotect with F9

when you create you mesh out of nurbs surfaces you have to flip your meshface not the nurbs surface. This has todo with the righthand rule how meshes knew here orientation.

sure, that's what i did in the end.

the only problem was the waste of time because i needed to check every component twice!! but i finally did it!!

we are working on a algorithm to get rid of this problem. We are just working in Meshes so we never had to deal with this and we understand the problem of nurbs in this case. 

thank you! i cant wait to see it!!

I am trying to get a single sun ray (vector) on particular date, and time during a year.
I took a look at your "Geco_ShadowStudies_Exposure_GH08.ghx" file.

If I understood it correctly, the only thing I need to get what I want is this:

Or am I completely wrong, and I need the "Ecosunpath" component too (although I am not looking for a sun path, just sun ray).

I am a bit puzzled, of how could the "EcoSunrays" component be correct without the Weather file input?

Thank you for the reply.

Attachments:

You need both because the sunpath allows to set the weatherfile.

If you donot want to use it you have to set the weatherfile manually in ecotect.

We changed this according to request of the community to have only one weatherfile as input and you can define the north direction

best

Thank you for the reply.
So this is the definition I need:

?

yes

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos