Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

pick all cells closest to eachother without beeing neighbors or sharing the same neighbors

Hello guys, im a little confused and dont get it how i can make a list with cells which are the closest to eachother withouht beeing neighbors or share the same neighbors.

i need a definition that works in grasshopper so that i can change the amount of cells. here is an example but only in rhino in small grid, picked manually.

I need it to work as fast as possible beacuse i need it for my seminar till monday.

Views: 2606

Replies to This Discussion

this is too complex for me without a definition.

please upload what you have so far in order to understand what you are after.

i hope you can understand what im trying to do. I'll send you the rhino file too.

Attachments:

i made a picture to show what i'm meaning. I want just fill the area between that surfaces.

But with the corners of the culled surfaces which were not moved.

to be honest i don't understand what you want to do.

i am also missing the whole project to a sphere process which is in the last cluster which due to data structure is very heavy and when finally gets computed doesn't output anything.

i think the radius was not set. This files should work.

You saw the offsetted surfaces, right. Now i want to fill the space between them to get a volume with a smooth polysurface. But i dont want to just patch the space, i want that they're hanging dragged by the cells behind them.

Attachments:

i need the surfaces cut out of the spheres for raytracing. i want to send the rays to the ground an generate a symbol. I'm not sure if a plane surface or sphere is better. for concentrating the light at one point it should be better. In Mi Cluster the sphere center is behind the ground. Thats the theory. I'm trying to generate a definitio which could work. The offset is to get a Volume with an uneven surface like water.

sorry i cant think of anything else than lofting the projected surfaces with the ones before offset.

i tried it in my first definition. My Professor told me to change it, it looks like a crystaline structure and not like water. I thought about rotating faces in a mesh so that the hole mesh would rearange himself. But my skills for something like that are to low....

i have to thank you for your help. you got me many steps forward and safed some time for me.

So thank you very much ng5.

you're welcome!

cheers

alex

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos