Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Dear GH users,

over the next 3 weeks (till November 12th) I'll be in Seattle at McNeel headquarters discussing the road ahead for Grasshopper 2.0. I'll probably have very little time for support and discussions during this period.

The major topics discussed for GH2 during this period will be:

• Documentation/Help
  • GHA/Cluster/VB/C# App-Store
  • Localization (i.e. languages other than English)
  • Constraint Engine implementation
  • Improved VB/C#/Python development tools
  • Multi-threading the solver
  • Building a Mac version

If you feel something important was left out, please let us know here. Note that incremental improvements and bug-fixes are not worth discussion as we'll try and get around to them no matter what. Topics on this list have to fit the "Are we going to try and do X?" format.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Tirol, Austria

Views: 10476

Replies to This Discussion

ah;;;
calling global variable & merge GH & RH
Constraint Engine implementation?

anyway, I can't wait!
:)

id like a tool that could extrude from one closed curve to another closed curve so that i don't have to join 2 surfaces and a loft... something that would make a solid rather than a hollow. 

Also id like a tool that given the density of the material of that solid could tell me what it would weigh...

Or is there a way to do either of these already? just thoughts thanx

Hi Ethan,

The second one is already present in Grasshopper. (Read on if you have a sense of humour) 

You can find it on the Maths Tab it has the symbol X if you put Density into input A and Volume into Input B you will get Mass (weight) as the Result.

yeah i should a thought about that second one a bit harder! Maybe there could be a button with options for various preset material densities then... steel aluminum plastic etc... anyway thanks for pointing out obvious... :)

Have you seen the Value List component.

You can effectively create list of densities that you can select from. There are a number of options DropDown List, Check List, Sequence List. You can even use an expression for the result for example I have used some maths to work out the average of the values I selected from the Internet.

Drag the below file onto your canvas to install it to your User Folder

Attachments:

your amazing THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never used the value list component before ! thank you- ethan

I take it from your reply that you are speechless as to my amazing powers of Grasshoppering  

I don't know where my reply went but it said something to the fact that yes you are amazing!!!!!!!!!! And THANK YOU! I never played with the value list component before...also grasshoppering is my new favorite word! -Ethan

--太逗了

The cool kids call it "dats bangin' hoppin' innit"

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Seattle, WA

Good,Looking forward to GH2.0
Good,Looking forward to GH2.0

RSS

About

Translate

Search