Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Dear GH users,

over the next 3 weeks (till November 12th) I'll be in Seattle at McNeel headquarters discussing the road ahead for Grasshopper 2.0. I'll probably have very little time for support and discussions during this period.

The major topics discussed for GH2 during this period will be:

• Documentation/Help
  • GHA/Cluster/VB/C# App-Store
  • Localization (i.e. languages other than English)
  • Constraint Engine implementation
  • Improved VB/C#/Python development tools
  • Multi-threading the solver
  • Building a Mac version

If you feel something important was left out, please let us know here. Note that incremental improvements and bug-fixes are not worth discussion as we'll try and get around to them no matter what. Topics on this list have to fit the "Are we going to try and do X?" format.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Tirol, Austria

Views: 10483

Replies to This Discussion

I just remembered my wish for Advanced Charts and Graphs (http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/advanced-charts-and-graphs). There are some plugins that partially cover what I was thinking for but I still think there is do much still missing from what I think as interactive charts. Watch the Youtube video at 3:53.

http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/advanced-charts-and-graph...

All 'construct' and 'deconstruct' component should have a 'ZUI' plane input.. (point, vector, debox...) then delete the 'point oriented' component.

More logical naming convention e.g. points = 'deconstruct point' + 'construct point' (fine)... vectors = 'deconstruct vectors' + 'Vectors XYZ' (?!?)... and why still 'explode line' ? why not deconstruct?

Some kind of 'intelligent user behavior search component engin' In my case the search for 'p' should give 'construct point' first

The possibility to create my own shortcuts for ALL components ;-)

A lot more shortcuts, connection components(wires), disconnection components(wires), hidden display wires ... ... ...

The ability to hide wires from output options

component/canvas awareness.. 3 x slider + construct point + shortcut should connect.. (GH.v.42) hehe ;-) 

Did you you know you can add an alias to any component?
Just right click it and pick an alias.
That way Construct point can become P :)

i didn't know that! .. NICE! :-D

Are we going to try and do...

…Extension allows other parties (not familiar with GH) to open and use definition

I remember `remote control` panel in older version of GH. It might be very useful to make some small window allows people do not knowing GH to use Grasshopper definition in Rhino.

Maybe it might be ability to make from GH .exe files or other solution (even fully depended on Rhino)  which wouldn`t scary people after opening GH with all icons and wires J

David,

Just had a pipe dream:

a search function which would highlight the corresponding components on the canvas.

IE: I have a pretty messy canvas and I'm trying to find a certain part in the definition. I search for a component, or series of components and it highlights them on the canvas.

Further to that, and it may be way more complicated than it's worth, but an automatic alignment. Since GH is a linear development, have the definition align automatically in a line, sorted from earlier to later parameter / component.

Right click on an empty space on the canvas and select find, or click on the icon at 7:30 in the radial menu. Isn't that what you are looking for?

or press F3

What is the radial menu?

Using find or F3 works though. I did not know about that.

Thanks!

Hi Hans,

would this be something like a Temporary Disable feature?

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Seattle, WA

Control+LeftArrow will select the inputs of the current selection. Shift+Control+LeftArrow will select them while keeping the current selection.

You could sort of use this to quickly select all inputs (and the same is true for outputs and RightArrow).

I'm planning to have some tools in GH2 that allow you to quickly 'mask' parts of the file so they won't compute. For now you'll have to use the Disable option, which is accessible easily enough via the radial menu (middle mouse button or space bar).

These features fall under Debugging Tools in my opinion, and there will be a lot of focus on that in GH2.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Seattle, WA

It should. If you select an object, then press Ctrl+Left all the immediate source objects get selected and centered in the canvas.

With Shift added it doesn't deselect the existing selecting and it doesn't recenter, so holding Ctrl+Shift+Left for a bit basically allows you to select the entire input network starting from the current selection.

If it doesn't work for you, then it must be some sort of bug. There's also menu items for these operations in Edit->Modify Selection. Do those work?

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Seattle, WA

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service