--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Views: 1873

Replies to This Discussion

that's awesome.

This might help!

And for all you Higgs/Adele Fans

...someone was going to do it, might as well be me.

nice

Panels accept text, and there's a symbol like that in most fonts.

This is a real screenshot (no doctoring):

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Well, Vicente clearly doctored his image. There's no way you can actually compute that result in a finite amount of time. You need a clever proof which Grasshopper can't do.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

There's another panel underneath the one with the infinity symbol that contains a finite number. There's also another panel behind the mass addition component with the text -1/12.

I really didn't think anyone would believe it's real, but I give a ~20% chance that David will special case it to work in case someone else tries it.

If it was a single component I could hack it, but here you need to pump an infinitely long list of numbers between Series and Mass Addition.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

I was thinking something like, if you plug infinity to the series component and the step size is 1, it returns a single element, called "infinite list of natural numbers" or so. If you plug that to the mass addition component it returns -0.08333333.

I'm aware this would be completely useless for anything else and the waste of time probably doesn't justify the Easter egg, that's why I gave it a 20% chance :P

The panel would actually say -0.08333333 if this were real, but fair enough.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

+1

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service