Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

To David and the Grasshopper Development Team,

A small request that could be helpful to some. It would be nice to have a way to trigger a method upon unloading or closing grasshopper.

For example, a way to trigger a function that might do something on exiting grasshopper - for instance - have a function that would cause a window appear that could be used to do something like trigger a save process for data created in a custom plugin or alternatively destruct something, a display instance for example - you can imagine.

Just a thought.

Views: 867

Replies to This Discussion

+1

David (or anyone else who might be able to lend a hand)

I'm sorry for the delay in replying to this post - It has been a while since I've had the time to work on this.  After thinking a little I agree that an event handler from rhino might do the job nicely. I've been looking for references to visiblechanged without luck. 

Would it be possible for you to sketch out a loose example that I might refer to? Or point me to the reference in Rhinocommon or this forum so that I can start looking at something? I'm happy to dabble but am just a little lost at the moment.

I'm after a method that will ensure some code is executed when the user leaves the grasshopper environment. What I mean by leave is if they "exit" or "unload" the gh environment or alternatively even if they just close the gh window / canvas.  It would also be nice to have the code execute of a new canvas is made and the focus is changed but that isn't strictly necessary - the code can survive without that behavior.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service