Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi all !

i will use this thread to put short questions that require a simple answer.

OPEN QUESTIONS:  none atm

i will check on this forum , on google and the Grasshopper primer before posting.
if you have the time, please do answer, i really appreciate the input!

here we go:

1. can i pick the widgets that load at startup?

2. on the Random Component, what does the "seed of random engine" input value refer to?

Views: 918

Replies to This Discussion

that's pretty cool. cheers!
6. if i have a scriptable component, and i choose for one of the input values a type hint, and then i change my mind and want it to go back to the default value (none selected), how can retract to that stage (no type hint)? i tried clicking the same type again, but didn't work. undo doesn't work either.
No selection appears to be doing the same as System.Object (first in the list). That one should work.
ok, thanks!
7. why doesn't .Length property work in C# scriptable component on input lists?
I have this list that goes in one of the input hooks of the component. the hook is set on "List". if i apply in the script the .Length extension to that variable, it gives an error "System Collections.Generic.List does not contain a definition for 'Length'". if i apply the same thing to a internally generated list, it works...
thanks!
i think you have a data tree as input so you have to flatten the input and rebuild it inside
thanks for the answer. unfortunately i don't have that script any more (or i don't know where it is), but i will try your theory soon and reply here.
thanks!
i ran into the same problem again, and i don't have a tree as input. my input is set on list, and the variable is named "x". if i write x.Length in the script, i get that error message "System Collections.Generic.List does not contain a definition for 'Length'".
any ideas?
thanks
use .Count
thanks!

8. is there a way to input the Y values in the Path Mapper and get the X ones, rather then the other way around?

I don't follow. What Y and X?

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service