Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello everyone,

I am not sure if this is a question or a request, might be both.

Okay let's imagine we want to model a high-rise building with something like 50+ floors.

We always start simple, so we model a typical floor. We pass the Rhino model to HB, create our zones, add our glazing, shading surfaces, and we run our first simulations.

Next step, we want to model a few different floors, that might represent the building's performance better (e.g. lower floor, middle floor, penthouse). How can we go from the typical floor (which probably took a couple of days to model surface by surface) to multiple floors without re-doing the whole process? It would be great if there was a way to simply copy paste everything and new zones would be created, since they are the same. I understand that this might be a grasshopper limitation, as breps are location specific in Rhino (I think?).

Still a way to quickly set up any number of clones of our typical floor withn HB would save countless hours. Also, if this is already there in some kind of way I apologize, and cool!

Kind regards,

Theodore.

Views: 1658

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mostapha, thank you for the reply. I have the latest version yes. I got multiple times the same warning yesterday which today seem to not appearing after restarting everything. I will upload a file if it comes up again! 

Tasos

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service