Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

I've been trying to get a good way of creating a mesh from lines for a long time now.

I've just started to try the Starling tools which look promising.

I start with a set of lines / curves and pipe them, then use the the slFastMesh component and finally Weaverbird Smoothing.

Can anyone tell me why the attached definition will not work when all the pipe radii are the same? It almost works when the pipe radii differ by a very small amount.

Any other ideas on how to achieve a mesh from a framework of lines would be great!

Views: 21827

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hmmm... so near yet so far :(

It seems that doing boolean splits like the one above is quite tricky.

I can get close with an horrific bodge of getting polylines from mesh faces from meshes earlier on in the definition, creating planar surfaces, baking them into Rhino, doing boolean operations on them, referencing the results back into GH, smoothing the meshes that don't need to be held constant (strut holes and pane slots) and then welding the lot back together... Simple :(

Does anyone know of any meshing software that could deal with the boolean op on the meshes in my previous post or any suggestions on how I can do this???

Rhino Mesh Split sort of works but the result is loads of meshes that need deleting and one of the 6 splits didn't work even though they are all the same  operation. Not too labour intensive though.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service