Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

List dispatching to multiple streams in non regular pattern

Hi there.

I should probably start stating that I'm not an advanced user but an enthusiastic one. Just starting to understand data/lists management but still a lot to learn.

The problem is that I have a list of coordinates which I need to sort in groups as per a series of numbers in another list. Both are txt files which I'm reading to bring a series of points in but those points are generated with a corresponding index.

Of course the lists are not sorted in any way, but the numbers are corresponding so it looks like a series of 9, 6, 7, 2, 8, 0, 9, 5, 6, 4, 2, 3, 8, 5, 5, 6, 9, 4 in one file( and series of (X, Y, Z) coordinates in the other.

The question is how can I make it to sort the list and then split it per index... if it is possible... or should I just do this in excel and bring clean lists in?

My idea, if it works, is use the series of points to generate paths and work with them.

I'll attach the lists just if it helps making a clear idea.

Any advice will be very welcome.

Views: 2241

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome again, dude

I'll stick to your GH deffinition anyway, 'cos I'm using a file name squencer that helps me build the namefiles and use multiple files which I can sort and work with... just what I was looking for.

Thanks!

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service