Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Well ... Daniel (and fellow GH users)

I post this here because there's a broader audience around (but move it to Kangaroo group if required) - note Starling, Anemone and Wb are used.

You remember this case for sure (started by Giorgio a couple of days before). Ive got involved because I exploit ways to "relax" shapes on nurbs (say patterns created by Lunchbox or "manually) without using any kind of mesh (more explanations soon).

Here's 5 test cases (SDK appears that doesn't have some "thicken surface" thing ... thus the algo that finds the "whole" shapes is rather naive) VS 2 Kangaroo "methods" and the why bother (he he) option as well.

If the goal is to "fit" these shapes within the nurbs ... does it work so far? No I'm afraid (appears that "springs" used are not the proper ones - or [Kangaroo1 option] the lines that pull should been originated from valance 2 points only)

Tricky points:

1. Internalize appears having a variety of serious issues (see Input inside definition) - Load Rhino file first (but even so ...).

2. Pull to surface is deactivated - this is not the issue here (and it's very slow).

3. Since Starling/WB alter the "curves - points" related order

the issue here (Pull points to curves) is to correspond apples to apples:

and that's what Anemone does:

From chaos :

to order:

this means that prior activating Kangaroo you should double click to the Anemone start component in order to "sort" properly the curves.

But .. fact is that results are pathetic:

more soon

best, Peter

Views: 7520

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

hi.

i am working in Rhino6. i would like to know if there is a way to relax a surface in Kangaroo in this version of Rhino.

also, this example nurbs relaxtrim is interesting, can you send an image of the solution since the software has updated since this example and many elements are obsolete. 

thank you!

aileen

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service