Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

I want to make this form with grasshopper, can someone give me some logic?

In the attachment is a tensegrity rhino model, I want to re-make it by grasshopper, but I didn't find a good logic yet, can someone help me take a look?

Thank you

Siyu

Views: 2656

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Here's a "standard" way (3dPDF) that I use for discussing a system BEFORE anything is made: i.e. any Topology, any solution, anything at all: just some sketches in some roller towel are more than enough. Additionally some wise provision related with clash matters is a VERY good thing (Simplex type or tensegrity trusses is a clash nightmare). 

Notice the fact that some components can been used as Blocks "as-they-are": for instance the Norseman cable tensioner but some others must been defined as geometry and then used as blocks ... and then ... er ... some that are way out of what Rhino/GH can do like this feature driven assembly "variant" for managing struts meeting "events" (must be "stronger" so to speak) VS cable meeting "events" :

Moral: since a T truss is actually a machine ... always design the system (or outline it anyway) BEFORE firing up GH or GC or Dynamo or whatever app you may think appropriate for the job.

Attachments:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service